College Is Better In Twos (Nick Fury X ANY)

College sucked. You had to do a group project for science, and of course your partner was "too busy with work" to help. Complete and utter bullshit. He was busy at frat parties. Lucky for you, the professor was pretty chill and the class had an odd number of people, so you could switch partners. Your new partner was a guy who didn't ever actually talk, but it was fine.

He got his work done, though, and so did you. The day you two finished, you packed up in silence, until you spoke. "Hey, Nick, was it?" He nodded, trapping you under his intense gaze. The intensity made it hard to continue, but you pressed on, determined to finish your mission. "Are you-Are you free Friday night? I was thinking we could hang out. Y'know, without a science project to think about."

"I don't know. I'll text you," Nick said, his voice deep and unfamiliar to your ears. He started to leave, and it hit you that he didn't have your number You called after him to say so. "I'll text you, Y/N."

------------------------------------------

You picked up a pair of jeans off your floor and sniffed them, then groaned and threw them back down. With a sigh, you picked up your friend and texted your best friend, Tony. 

Hey, you have any skinny jeans? I need a pair.

Only ripped ones.

He sent a picture of black skinny jeans, ripped at the knees. 

Those'll work. Bring them over. Ten seconds later, he knocked on your door. He was your next door neighbor. "It's open!" You called. Tony walked in and tossed you the jeans. "You going drinking?"

"Stark, I'm 19. Of course not. I'm going to the carnival," you responded as you put the pants on. "Ah. Oh, damn, those pants look good on you. I wish steve looked that good in my stuff." You smiled, looking at your phone. Unknown Number: 'It's Nick. I'm outside, if you still wanted to see me.'

"Sick! Tony, I have to go. See you tomorrow. Also, Steve looks cute in your hoodies, so shut up. Bye!"

Nick looked at you behind dark sunglasses. "You look nice," he said matter-of-factly. With a small smile, you looked at your ACDC t-shirt and ripped jeans. "Thank you. To the carnival, than?" He nodded, then fell in step behind you so you could lead the way.

The Next Day - Midday

"Last night was fun," you said, sliding into the booth. The man eating looked up in confusion, then half smiled. "Here's your hoodie." Nick shook his head. "Keep it. I have more. Did you check the pocket?" 

Blushing, you nodded. He didn't know how to say it, so he wrote a note to tell you how he felt. He'd slipped it into the pocket when he dropped you off at your dorm. "Yeah, I did." You smiled. "For a guy who hardly talks, you have a way with words." He smiled when you tapped his shoe with your own. "I'd love to go out with you again."