In Your Arms (Peter Parker X He/Him)

NWH Spoils. I was too inspired to wait a couple months before releasing this chapter. If you haven't seen the movie, don't worry, I'm working on a chapter for you! (Also I thought that video was cute, so. There you go.)

(In this you're Gwen's cousin, and you come from The Amazing Spider-Man universe.)

One minute you were standing in front of Gwen's grave, telling her about your day, and the next, you were on scaffolding, the sounds of an intense battle in your ears. You did the first thing you could think of: calling for Peter. He'd be able to help you get down, and you'd be good past that. But instead of hearing one response, you heard three. One sounded middle aged, one was younger, and one was the voice you knew.

"Yeah?" They each yelled, slinging into view. Immediately you knew things were worse than you thought, because you watched not one, not two, but three Spider-Men come into view. Only one faltered; it was yours. "Y/N! What are you-" He stopped and looked at the other two, pulling off his mask. "Peter One, Peter Two, I got this. I know him, he's not an enemy. Go handle the others!" Peters One and Two both nodded and jumped back into their battle. Even though you were terrified, you couldn't help but give a relived grin. Peter was here, right in front of you, and you knew he'd do anything to keep it that way. Losing Gwen had been hard enough on the both of you.

You could still perfectly remember the day he told you what happened, with perfect clarity. It was raining, and you were curled up in bed, working on some last minute homework. When he knocked on your window, you almost screamed at the sudden noise. "Peter? What are you do-" He collapsed against you, releasing large, muffled sobs into your shoulder. You instinctively hugged him back, ignoring all the water dripping off his suit onto your floor. Your dad was gonna be ticked off, but that was a problem for later. Gently, you guided him to your bed, sitting him down and covering his shoulders with your warmest blanket. "Peter?" You whispered softly, grabbing a towel off your desk chair and carefully drying his hair. "What happened? Is May okay?"

"Gwen," he said back, his voice breaking. It took you a second to connect the dots, but as soon as you did, you collapsed, nearly hitting a stack of books. Your friend got off the bed and sat on his knees in front of you, pulling the blanket down with him. "No. Peter. No. No. Tell me it's not true. She can't- she can't be-"

He spread the blanket over the both of you, wrapping his arms around your shoulders and pulling you into him in the process. Both of you were crying now, each one trying to console the other. It was a miracle your father didn't walk in; he'd have thrown a fit if he saw two near-grown men crying on the floor. "How did it happen?" You mumbled after a few minutes. You felt his arms tighten a little bit before he responded. "I wasn't fast enough. She fell, and I couldn't catch her in time. It's my fault she died, Y/N." The fear that you would hate him was evident in his voice. He's lost enough, you thought. He's not losing me too. "She wouldn't blame you, and neither will I. I'll always be here for you."

Back in the present, Peter was holding an arm out to you, looking around to make sure nothing was coming. "Come here. I have to get you out of this mess," he said as you grabbed him. He made sure the arm around your torso was tight before shooting a web and jumping up. You hugged him as tight as you could and buried your face in his shoulder, planning to stay that way until he set you down. "I'm just gonna have to leave you right over-"

Something slammed into you, sending you flying. You could hear him scream your name over your own shouts. "Y/N!" He yelled, jumping off the scaffolding he slammed into, reaching out for you with arms and webs. You cried out in pain when the webs caught your arm, giving you a sharp yank. He'd probably just dislocated your shoulder. One of the other Peters- Peter One, if you remembered correctly- swung by and grabbed you, setting you on the scaffolding as your Peter landed beside you.

"I'm so sorry," he started, but was cut off by you hugging him as tight as you could with your good arm. "I told you I'd always be here," you murmured in between small sobs. He was crying too, hugging you just as tight. "I'm so sorry," he repeated, quieter. Peter One gave you both a once over to ensure he was okay to leave, then swung off, not before telling you guys to be careful in a kind voice.

"Peter. Listen." He pulled away just enough for the two of you to make eye contact, and you smiled a little, proud of the inch or two you had on him. "I know what you're thinking. I'm thinking it too. I was just visiting her before I appeared here. But I'm okay." You leaned your forehead on his, closing your eyes. "I'm okay."

He took a second to stand there with you, reminding himself that it was okay, you were safe, even if he didn't catch you, one of the others did. Peter took all his anxiety and fears and swallowed them down, reminding himself that you were still here. "You're okay," he whispered back, in a small voice.

You gave him an extra second of calm, then lifted your good hand to cup his cheek. He looked at you, tears still in his eyes. "I'll be alright. You have to trust me." You gave him a soft kiss on the lips before continuing. "Now go be a hero."

And he did.