33 - Amazing

This is the second of a double update.

For a week Tessa had tried to avoid thinking about being alone with Patrick. Her body and her mind were in conflict. She was too old and a mother. How could she have a young twenties casual attitude about sex? Yet she agreed to go to his bedroom just for more kisses and some touching.

The minute his hand slipped inside her leggings, she had lost all sanity. Her body was on fire and only one thing could put it out. She watched as he stood and dropped his own pants and rolled on a condom. She was tired of taking care of others for once someone wanted to take care of her. She let him settle in between her legs and once again he went back to her breasts causing her to arch her back. At the moment, he slowly entered her. She shut her eyes.

"Look at me." His voice was husky. When she looked into his face, his eyes were dark. He was so handsome and his body was fit and beautiful. Why did he want her? Her eyes dropped from his face. "God, you are amazing. Don't think anything less."

The man acted like he had all the time in the world. Each slow stroke seemed to find the right spot as she pulled her legs higher, needing him deeper. Her explosion was beyond anything she'd been able to give herself for six years. How had she lived without this for so long?

He gathered her in his arms and held her as her heart rate returned to normal. He kissed her forehead, and it felt more endearing than anything they had done.

"I'm already wondering when we can get together again."

She knew the answer, but said nothing. She ran her hand along his chest. He was eight years older than her, but he wasn't old. Refusing to think of David, who would be only two years younger than him, she ran her lips along his shoulder towards his neck. He responded by kissing her. When he reached for another foil packet, she wanted to tell him to hurry. She wanted it faster and he must have read her mind. He moved deeper and faster, and the pace still wasn't fast enough. She was perched on the edge and when she went over the intensity was debilitating. She didn't know if her heart rate would ever slow.

Through her own panting, she heard him mumble. Turning towards him, he looked down at himself with a tissue in his hand. "It broke."

Her brain couldn't function as she tried to comprehend what that meant. He seemed to look at her for validation.

She mumbled. "It should be fine." The truth was, she didn't know. She had stopped tracking years ago. She couldn't remember her last period. Was it two weeks ago or four? She was lucky because they were not long and only one day was significant.

Glancing at the time, she sat up. It was after ten. He looked disappointed when she started to dress. As he watched her, she suddenly felt shy. He dressed as well, and together they walked downstairs.

She turned to him and touched his face. "Go wash the wine glasses. You need to hide the evidence."

He laughed and kissed her. "Thanks for an amazing evening."

The street was quiet when she stepped out of the house. It wasn't until she was almost home that she worried about the mishap. Refusing to get upset, she'd go buy Plan B in the morning. She had friends who used to joke about using Plan B as their birth control. She couldn't believe at thirty-six she needed it for the first time.

Her mother looked up at her and smiled. "Did you have a pleasant time?"

She nodded, but was afraid her mother would know she had sex if she stared too long. "How were they?"

"Fine. Chloe was overtired. Not anything I couldn't handle."

She nodded and thanked her mother. If she realized she was pushing her out the door, she said nothing. Tessa was tired and without the mental debate about sex, she could sleep. As she drifted off, it relieved her to have her first time post David past her.

"Mom. Mom." She opened her eyes and glanced at her clock. Three-eighteen. "My belly hurts."

She was wide awake as she jumped up and ushered Chloe into her bathroom. Just looking at her face, she knew. She got the poor thing to the toilet just before she vomited. As she sat up the rest of the night with her sick daughter, the guilt pushed its way in. She was being punished for being with Patrick. Just when Chloe felt better, Maya got sick. School vacation was over and she had both girls home. She hadn't left the house in three days then her own stomach felt off. When she began vomiting, she had to call in support. Her mother collected the girls.

"They can stay with me. I'll get them to school. Don't worry."

She spewed out a list of things. "Sneakers, library books, lunch boxes."

Her mother waved her off. "I've got this. Just feel better."

She slept all day. It was Wednesday, and she had hardly slept since Chloe got sick on Saturday morning.