96 - March

Five months later...

The table at The Landing rocked as Amy leaned in to whisper the latest gossip. Tessa wasn't sure she was interested in gossip anymore. She was too busy with her family. A year before, she hid from the world in her role of mother. Being a mother took up all her time, but she wasn't parenting alone. She had Patrick. She glanced across the room and smiled.

Amy said, "You aren't listening to me."

"Sorry, but they are just so cute."

Her smile might crack her face open. Patrick was having his weekly coffee with Kristi. As soon as he bought their coffee, he took Leo out of her arms and brought him to his coffee date. Tessa knew it was just a matter of time before her son would end up in Kristi's arms, but it looked like Patrick was reluctant to give him up. He was an amazing father, but she knew that a year ago.

"You're not jealous?" Amy eyed the other table.

"Oh please, no. They're best friends. She's my friend too. So, what were you saying?"

"The school board has had a lot of complaints. They are going to discuss start times again. You need to come and fight with me."

Tessa smiled and shook her head. "I'm not getting involved. I hated getting my girls off to school so early, but I know the teens need to sleep. My girls wake up earlier now, because they like to see Patrick before he leaves. Besides, with the baby, I'm up too. Someone else will have to fight that fight."

She looked across the room. Kristi looked intense and Patrick raised his eyes to meet hers. She shook her head, and he smiled. She felt certain they were on the same page.

Amy left to run off to volunteer in the classroom. The school hadn't fallen apart yet, because Tessa wasn't dedicating her time to volunteering. Her newborn kept her busy enough.

She stood and walked over to her husband. "Can I crash this party?"

Kristi held Leo. "As long as you don't steal him from me."

Tessa shook her head and sat down next to Patrick. He automatically put his arm around her. They had a date planned for later if Leo cooperated.

She smiled at him. "So, did you hear the news?"

Kristi said, "I tried to talk your husband into going to the meeting with me, but he refused."

She looked at Patrick. "I can't complain, because if we hadn't gone to speak at that meeting..."

He shook his head. "I would have met you at Korra's party. You were too beautiful for me not to want to talk to."

Kristi sneered. "When will you two stop making me want to throw up?"

"Never." They said in unison and startled Leo, who let out a cry.

"Sorry, Kristi, but he'll want to eat."

"I'm coming with you, Mrs. Bennett."

"Okay, Dr. Bennett. Leo Bennett, you are one lucky boy."

Patrick said, "He is because everyone loves him. Oh, I spoke with Hannah briefly, she wants you to send more pictures to her. I can tell she's excited to see him when she comes home for break."

"I'll be glad to see her."

Patrick smiled. "I know. I love how she has accepted you."

Tessa didn't want to jinx it, but she was pretty sure Hannah might eventually love her. Tessa was the only one she had told about the boy at school she was seeing. She definitely trusted her, which was the first step.

As they walked into their house, Patrick said, "The minute he's fed and asleep, our date starts."

"Yeah, and where is it taking place?"

He grinned. "In the bedroom."

"That's what I was hoping."

As she followed him up the stairs, she wondered how she got so lucky.

A/N This story began and ended in March just like Shattered Hearts. The first and the last. We are not abandoning The Point but in the Next Gen Series the stories are a little shorter. Most of the main characters are younger. Many of them were mentioned or appeared in this story like hidden gems.

As always thank you all my amazing readers. Your comments empower me to write more ❤ Special shout out to my readers who found me at Boys of Summer or the Wish Series. Thanks for coming to The Point. I know you had a lot of catching up to do.

Scroll for more fun in bonus chapters.

Love The Point? There is more in TP Next Gen Series. The first book is Amazing Love Story.

See my profile page for more great series and stories.