Chapter 24

*Four months later, A week before Christmas*

*third-person pov*

Fred had all of his Christmas shopping done, he had the perfect gift for his girlfriend. Athena had most of her shopping finished, all she had to do was get something for Teddy then she'd be done. That's exactly what she was doing. The school was out for Christmas break and she had some free time now, Athena was walking down Diagon Ally, looking through all the shop's windows she passed to see if anything caught her eye for the little metamorphmagus boy. Eventually, the blonde decided to go into Flourish and Blotts, looking through all the books. She went over to the magical creatures section. Unicorns, Hippogriffs, Thestrals, Nifflers, Billywig, Werewolves, Phoenix, Grindylow, Kneazle, Basilisk, wait, Kneazles! Teddy loves Kneazles! So that's what you would have found Athena doing, looking through all the Kneazle books and trying to pick out the best one. After a few hours of reading, she decided to get him a few beginners level Kneazle books, written by the one and only Newt Scamander. Athena went up to the counter to pay and left the book store. She was walking down the cobblestone sidewalk when a very familiar shop came to view. 'Might as well pay him a visit' She thought to herself as she continued her stride to the famous joke shop.

When she opened the door, she was met with pops of colors, hums, whistles, buzzes, and ticks of all kinds of different gadgets. She had to duck a few times to avoid some of the newer flying props. People were all around, the place was crowded as usual. Overall the people she could make out a messy-haired ginger, almost instantly she recognized as George. From the looks of it, he was trying to show a little girl the pygmy puffs. Athena smiled at George and continued to search the shop for her mate.

After a couple of minutes pass by searching for the familiar redhead with no luck. Athena decided to go up the stairs to the twin's flat to continue her search. She unlocked the door with a wave of her hand and gently closed the door behind her. The flat looked almost the exact same as it did when she was last here a couple of months back. The flat was quiet, almost silent, except for a humming sound coming from down the hallway. Her steps seemed louder than usual in the quiet flat. She slowly walked down the hall towards her mate's room, the humming sound getting gradually louder the closer she got.

Athena stopped in the doorway taking in the sight before her. Inside the unsurprisingly messy room was a shirtless Fred propped up against the headboard of his bed, with a guitar in his lap. he was lightly playing it to a tune Athena couldn't quite put her finger on. The humming sound from earlier was Fred singing a song.

'Ripped gloves, raincoat
Tried to swim, stay afloat
Dry house, wet clothes
Loose change, bank notes
Weary-eyed, dry throat
Call girl, no phone
And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since 18
But lately, her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to us
'Cause we're just under the upper hand
And go mad for a couple grams
But she don't wanna go outside tonight
And in a pipe she flies to the motherland
Sells love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly'

Athena just leaned against the doorway, watching and listening to her mate sing and play the guitar with a smile stretched across her face. This was a side that she unfortunately never got to see before, and she never knew why. His voice was the definition of perfect and she wished that he could hear it as she did in that very moment. He played the guitar with no mistakes on a note.

'An angel will die
Covered in white
Closed eyes and hopin' for a better life
This time, we'll fade out tonight
Straight down the line
And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since 18
But lately, her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
They scream
The worst things in life come free to us
And we're all under the upper hand
And go mad for a couple grams
And we don't wanna go outside tonight
And in the pipe, fly to the motherland
Or sell love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Angels to fly
Fly, fly
For angels to fly, to fly, to fly
Angels to die'