Visiting The Mario Brothers

I walked for a short while, my SOUL was still pretty beat up. I kept going through Toad Town until I saw a star. Or at least what looked like a star. It was yellow and it shone brightly when I came near it.

Toads just seemed to pass by it without notice. I warily crept towards it. I touched it, my SOUL was healed and words flashed in front of me.

Toad Town        *SAVE

I selected *SAVE. I felt like I would need it later. While walking through Toad Town, a few more Toads tried to fight me, I SPAREd all of them, of course. After several hours, and Toads, I reached the border of the town. Hopefully, there will be less fighting in the woods.

I kept walking for a few more hours until I heard something.

???: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sounded like a fake attempt at snoring. I ducked through trees trying to figure out where it was coming from. I kept looking until I came across someone just... lying on the floor. They looked slightly transparent if I really squinted. They had a royal purple coat and yellow emo hair.

???: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

They really didn't want me to think that they were awake. I walked over to them and accidentally nudged them with my boot

My SOUL was dragged into battle.

*King Olly blocks your path.

King Olly? This guy is a king?

[🔪FIGHT] [🎉ACT] [💰ITEM] [❌MERCY]

I selected [🎉ACT] and saw two more options than normal.

*Check                 *Flirt

*Threat                 *Cheer

There was no way in heck I was doing *Flirt. I selected *Check.

*King Olly - ATK 11 DEF 9

*The former king of origami. He was struck down in battle and has longed to see his sister ever since.

My SOUL was put into the box. Streamers flew at me from all angles... But they didn't seem to be aiming for anything. I dodged the slow moving projectiles easily.

[🔪FIGHT] [🎉ACT] [💰ITEM] [❌MERCY]

I selected [🎉ACT] again and looked over the options. I guess *Cheer is probably a good idea.

*You gave Olly a patient smile.

Olly: Heh, my sister always looked at me like that...

My SOUL was put into the box again with the streamers. I dodged all of them and then used *Cheer again.

*You told Olly a little joke.

Olly: Heh heh...

This time there was no projectiles. I used *Cheer.

*Cheering seemed to improve Olly's mood a bit.

This time I didn't even go into the box. I kept on using *Cheer.

*Olly wants to show you something.

Olly: Heh... Look at what I can do.

Olly turned around with some of his streamers in hand. He turned around and had made a little crown and put it on.

Olly: It's supposed to look like my old crown... Do you like it?

I went to select *Cheer.

*You told Olly how you felt about it.

Olly: Oh... really?

*Olly seems to be in a much happier mood now.

The surroundings turned back to normal.

Olly: Sorry about that... Usually when people find me they try to fight... I just assumed that someone with a SOUL of DETERMINATION and the Chaos Heart would do no less.

I chuckled.

Mr.L: No problem. I get that a lot.

Olly slightly chuckled.

Olly: Well... Uh... Sorry about that... I'll be here if you need me...

I watched as Olly floated through the woods. I had almost forgotten why I came out here! I continued my trek through the woods. Thankfully without interruptions this time.

I kept going until I reached the top of a hill. I looked down to see a small house.

Mr.L: Oh, that must be where they live.

I stared off into the distance until I heard ominous footsteps behind me. I didn't dare turn around as I heard whoever it was stop behind me.

???: Hey, Mr.L. Don't you know how to greet your old friend?

He knows my name... That can't be good.

???: Turn around and shake my hand.

I slowly turned around and took the outstretched hand. The man threw me onto the ground and pinned me there by his boot. He had on plumber atire.

???: Didn't think that the almighty Green Thunder would ever come crawling to my place. Come to finish my brother off, eh?

I grunted as he pushed down on me.

Mr.L: Listen Mr.PlumberMan, I don't know what grudge you got against me, but I'm just here to talk with Mario and Luigi to get the Pure Hearts from them.

???: You're talking with one.

Mr.L: ...You supposed to be Mario.

Mario: Yeah, why does that surprise you Mr.L? Are you trying to fake me out? Because it's not gonna work!

He pressed harder and I gagged.

Mr.L: I don't remember you, okay?! This stupid Heart in my chest took my memories! I need the Pure Hearts so I can destroy it!

He lightened the pressure, allowing me to breath a little more.

Mario: Hmph... I would get rid of you, but my little bro wouldn't like that. You ARE apart of him after all. Unfortunatly.

He took his boot off of my back and extended a hand to me. I reluctantly took it and stood up. I was greeted with the man in red's smiling face, acting like he didn't just threaten my life.

Mario: Hey, what's with the face? Heh. I'll get you to my brother. He'll know what to do with you. He can see the best in anyone. But don't try to hurt him. Otherwise... you're gonna have a bad time...

I thought that I could see something red spark in his eyes just then... I hope that it was my imagination. Mario led the way down the hill and I followed close behind. We reached the house and Mario knocked.

Mr.L: Why do you need to knock if it's your own house?

Mario: Because I left my keys inside.

I scoffed. So he just had his brother do everything? Sounds annoying.

???: I'm-a coming!

A few fluries of footsteps and the door opened. Mario stood in front of me so I couldn't see who it was.

Mario: Hey, little bro.

???: Mario! Why do you have to be so lazy?! The other door is unlocked you know!

Mario: Yeah, but then I can't show you your surprise.

???: ...surprise..?

Mario nodded and then stepped out of the way. I came face-to-face with a man that looked extremely identical to me. Except he had light blue eyes and no mask on.

Mr.L: Er... Are you Luigi?

Luigi: Mr.L! You're back to life!

Next thing I knew the man in green dive tackled me into a hug on the floor.