Killing Kindness

I trooped through the forested area with the knife in hand and list in my pocket. I guess it was a hitlist at this point... I was trying to remember what happened last time I went through here...

Olly: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ah, yes. Now I remember... I ducked and dodged through the trees until I came across King Olly lying on the floor, pretending to be asleep for whatever reason.

Olly: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I ran up and kicked him as hard as possible. His SOUL went into battle. You selected [🔪FIGHT] without hesitation. It went right through him.

Olly: Uh... You know, you can't kill a ghost... Sorry... This is kinda awkward now... Isn't it?

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎ seemed taken aback.

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎: Just keep attacking him!

Olly: Who's that with you, Mr.L?

Olly can hear her too!

Olly: Yeah... I can hear you too if it makes a difference...

That's perfect! Olly! Everyone's in danger!

Olly: Really? That's too bad...

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎: See? He doesn't care! So just FINISH HIM!!!

You threw another attack at him which just went through. 

Olly! You need to find Dim and tell him to stay away! Tell EVERYONE to stay away!

Olly: Why? We're all going to meet an end at some point...

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎: Just kill him already!

Another attack that didn't do a thing. 

But if you don't do something... Everyone will die! And... Your sister will die!

I could see his breath hitch at those words.

Olly: O-Olivia? 

Yes!

Olly: ...ok. I'll tell everyone.

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎: No, don't let him get away!

*Olly ran away...

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎: NO! You let him get away! GAH!

The battle ended and I couldn't see Olly anywhere. Good! Maybe he can get to people before me!

I continued through the forest area towards the hill. It was now nighttime, and quite dark at that. I reached the top of the hill and dread what I saw. It was Luigi.

Luigi: Mr.L! I thought that I would find you here!

Hopefully, if I do something stupid, his brother can come in and end my game!

Luigi: Olly came to me first, so I made sure Mario wasn't here.

DANG IT LUIGI!!!

Luigi: I know that you don't want to do this. You can be nice! I know you can!.

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎ tried to walk me forward but I was able to keep it at a slow stagger. Hopefully, Luigi would regain some common sense and RUN!

Luigi: Hey! Stop moving! I'm talking to you! *Sigh* Don't think that I didn't notice all the blood on your hands...

I looked down and saw that I indeed had blood on my hands...

Luigi: I don't know what you did, and I don't really want to know, but I can help make it better! Because I know that you can heal anything with KINDNESS!

I reached him and pulled his SOUL into battle.

Luigi: Come on! This is a chance for redemption! I know that you want redemption! All you have to do is *SPARE me.

I saw the options.

[🔪FIGHT] [🎉ACT] [💰ITEM] [❌MERCY]

He held his arms out to me.

Luigi: Come on! Bring it in and I'll forgive you!

He had the widest smile, but his eyes showed much sadness.

You stepped forward and wrapped your arms around him.

Luigi: See! I knew you could do it! I knew you could be-

You thrust the knife through his back.

Luigi choked on words as he stumbled backward, a look of hurt and betrayal in his eyes.

Luigi: *Gasp* Th-that's not what I expected... B-but y-you can still be good... J-just...

You twisted the knife and wrenched it out.

Luigi: *Gasp* Y-y-you...

Luigi collapsed onto the floor. Out of his body floated his SOUL of KINDNESS.

You took his SOUL and shattered it.

I watched as the fragment fell to the ground and disappeared into nothingness. More blood on my hands... My LOVE increased.

LV 8

Now I had as much LOVE as Mario... I wonder what would happen when Mario found out...

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎: Bring it on.

I continued past Luigi's body as if nothing happened. I kept walking as I reached the forest area next to their house. There was no doubt in my mind on where I was heading. I was going straight for the return pipe.

After a few minutes of non-stop walking, I reached the pipe. Without hesitation, I hopped inside, heading Flipside Tower.

---------------

I hopped out of the return pipe and was greeted by the white aesthetic. It was just turning to morning, so people were now out and about. A very bad thing. I walked over to a star and reached out to it.

*29 Left

Flipside          *SAVE

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎ brandished the knife and had me start towards the nearest Flipside resident.

---------------

About two hours had passed and I went back to the star.

*1 Left

Flipside           *SAVE

I knew exactly who the person was that was left, and I think 💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎ did as well... I hurried to the elevator and went up to the top of Flipside Tower. The doors opened and I could see Olivia sitting on the ledge of the tower. She must have heard me exit the elevator because she stood up to face me.

Olivia: Oh... Who are you? Have you come to sightsee?

You dragged her SOUL of KINDNESS into battle.

Olivia: H-hey! What are you doing? And what is that with you? Is that... *Gasp* The Chaos Heart?! M-my brother came and warned me about you. And I-I'm not going to let you hurt anyone else!

*In my way

I looked over the options again.

[🔪FIGHT] [🎉ACT] [💰ITEM] [❌MERCY]

You selected [🔪FIGHT].