🖤Hearts Shine With SOULS🖤

I walked down the next hallway, twirling the knife in my fingers. Just before the entrance to the Inner Sanctum was a star. I reached out to it and was healed to full.

*2 Left

The Inner Sanctum        *Save

I made sure to *Save my file. Now Mario was really dead, ha.

I continued down the path and went to open the door, only to find that it was already slightly eased open.

He's here.

I opened the door the rest of the way and walked inside. I held up my weapon, ready in case of an ambush. Instead of seeing some kind of trap, I just saw him.

I saw Dim. Just floating there. And he looked like he was just crying a few moments ago. I walked up to him.

Dim: *Sniffle* H-hey L... I see that Mario was right about you getting past him, huh?

I shook my head in dismay.

Mr.L: Don't remind me about him.

Dim trembled a little as he took a deep breath.

Dim: I'm going to just cut to the chase... I-I got the last Pure Heart, hehe... I remember everything now...

We both froze.

Dim: Look... I know that I have done some terrible things... Many of which I am not proud of... But all of my plans I put a stop to because of you!

I could only vaguely remember what he was talking about.

Dim: I could've had it all, L! Do you have any idea how much I gave up on the CHANCE I could be by your side? I could've been a KING, L. I could've shown them ALL! Have a perfect world! But adding you into the picture changed my plans...

He chuckled a little before continuing.

Dim: Yes, one might argue that killing you that one time was quite selfish of me, but if I didn't... who do you think would have to have died trying to fight Mario to appease the Count, hm? Ah ha ha... But without a SOUL... I can't FEEL right, ah ha ha... I can't feel emotions properly like someone should. B-but I'm sure that if you let me go back to being with you... I might just be able to learn from your example...

I hesitated to reply to him. Why was this so difficult of a choice?! I would have accepted this deal in a HEARTBEAT if he offered it to me before! Why is now any different?!

Wait... I know... It's all of my LOVE. It's making me distance myself from him...

Dim furrowed his brow at me in frustration.

Dim: Y'know, I've sacrificed quite a LOT for YOU. Why should I be the one sparing you? Give me one good reason I should *Spare YOU!

I... couldn't think of anything...

Dim: Yeah, that's what I thought!

I heard a sigh and then out of the darkness of the room walked Blumiere. His eyes were red and he looked very upset, to say the least.

Blumiere: I told you that he would not listen to reason. No one can reason with someone like him.

I took a step back as Blumiere walked up next to Dim.

Blumiere: Your game ends now, Mr.L.

I scoffed.

Mr.L: Gee, where have I heard that one before~?

Blumiere cast me a scowl and then dragged my SOUL into battle. The [❌MERCY] was already destroyed. Both Blumiere and Dim stood in my way.

*A strange light fills the room