Men In Green

I thought that he was trying to pull me into a fight, but my SOUL didn't go anywhere. He just continued to strangle me.

Luigi: You're alive! I thought that you died at the end of... Well, it doesn't matter because you're back!

Mr.L: Wait... You know something about my past?!

Luigi: Of course I do, silly! I'm the person you came from!

Mr.L: .....are you supposed to be my dad?

Luigi got off of me and gave me a confused look.

Luigi: Mr.L... are you feeling alright?

Mario: He claims that he lost his memories.

Luigi took in a deep inhale as he gripped me by the shoulders even harder.

Luigi: MR.L IS THAT TRUE?! YOU DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING?!

I shook my head no. Luigi somehow managed to pull me into a tighter hug.

Luigi: OH, MR.L THAT'S AWFUL!!! YOU HAD SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR!!! AND YOU HAD JUST..!

Luigi cut his sentence short as he pulled me out of the embrace.

Mr.L: I had just..?

Luigi went to his brother.

Luigi: Mario, could you please get the groceries on this list?

Mario threw a dirty glance at me out of the corner of his eye as he took the list. Luigi didn't seem to notice it.

Mario: Sure, Weegee.

Mario walked off at a moderate pace while Luigi frantically waved him goodbye. After Mario was out of sight, Luigi started pulling me into the house.

----------------

Luigi had sat me down on the couch.

Luigi: You must be so tired and hungry! Are you hungry? I'll go make some food!

Mr.L: Just tell me what you-

Luigi had already run off into the other room. I let out a sigh as I laid back onto the couch. No wonder his brother just pushed him around. He was acting like a total pushover!

Luigi: Do you want anything specific?

Mr.L: Just finish what you were trying to say earlier!

Luigi: ... I'll just make you something anyway!

I let out another groan as I could hear pots and pans clanking in the kitchen.

After maybe half an hour, Luigi came back into the living room with a plate of spaghetti. He passed it to me.

Luigi: You can eat first, then I'll give you all of the info I can!

Luigi ran off again before I could protest. I sighed I picked up a fork of the pasta.

Mr.L: Might as well eat. I'll ask 'em when he comes back.

I took one bite and my eyes went wide. IT WAS SO GOOD! HOW CAN HE COOK THIS GOOD?! I scarfed down the rest of it in a heartbeat.

Luigi eventually came back a few minutes after I had finished off the plate of spaghetti.

Luigi: Okay! I finished making your bed!

Mr.L: My BED?!

Luigi tried taking me by the arm again. He was acting worse than Timpani! I wrenched my wrist out of his grip.

Mr.L: Luigi! Please! I just came here for answers! I don't have time for this! I can't stay! I need to get answers!

Luigi sighed. He motioned for me to sit back down. I did so and he sat adjacent to me.

Luigi: What do you want to know?

Mr.L: ...What was it you were trying to say earlier? Before you cut yourself off? What had I just done?

Luigi sighed as he looked at me.

Luigi: You had just learned emotions.

Mr.L: Emotions? I thought that everyone had those...

Luigi: You didn't for some time. All you had were hate, anger, spite, etc. Because you were the embodiment of all of my negativity. You were not capable of all the things you had just learned to do. Kindness, caring, empathy, and...

Mr.L: And?

Luigi: Love. You had learned to love, Mr.L!

So I HAD loved someone! But...

Mr.L: Did they love me..?

Luigi shrugged.

Luigi: I don't know. I never knew who it was. But when we were one person, you and I, I could feel that you had a love for someone. But I am sure that they did.

I sat back as I tried to process this. I had loved someone... And I had forgotten them. I feel so terrible! They would never forgive me! Whoever they were... I need to find them! And I can do that after I get my memories back!

Mr.L: Luigi, I need a favor.

Luigi: Anything, L!

Mr.L: I need your and your brother's Pure Heart.

Luigi seemed to freeze.

Luigi: ...I'll have to ask Mario... Why don't you wait in the room I made for you while I go find him?

I sighed and nodded. We got up and he showed me to the room that he mentioned. It was simple. Nothing special. I sat down on the bed and Luigi went to leave.

Luigi: I'll come back to get you when I get an answer.

He shut the door and I was left alone. I let out a sigh as I leaned back onto the bed. It was only about mid-noon, but that didn't stop me from being tired. I haven't had any sleep since I woke up in that garden. Everything was quiet and peaceful. Silence. I just laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling, until I heard a small sound. I shot upright and thought that I could see something dart from the window sill. I was probably just seeing things... But on the chance I wasn't, I got up and went to the window. I opened it and looked around but saw nothing. I shrugged and then looked at a clock next to the bed. It had been almost 3 hours since Luigi left!

Mr.L: Guess I should go find them myself.

I walked over to the door and walked out into the house. I could see another one of those stars by Mario's room. Or at least what I assumed was his room. I touched the star but found that there was already something on it.

*Mario LV.8

Mario Bros. Home              *SAVE

How did Mario use the star? And how did he get all of that LOVE?! Suddenly I was now a little terrified of him... I overrode the SAVE file and the name was replaced with my own.

*Mr.L LV.1

Mario Bros. Home              *SAVE

I continued out of the house. I thought that I could see Luigi on the hill.

Mr.L: Hey! Luigi! Did you figure anything out yet?!

I raced up to him and he turned around with a sigh.

Luigi: My bro says that you're dangerous... That I shouldn't trust you... I know that I can make you better, make you a good guy, but my bro won't let me give you my Pure Heart unless I can prove it!

Mr.L: Huh?

Luigi: As you would always say... HAVE AT YOU!!!

My SOUL was thrown into battle.