Why'd You Come Back To Play?

--------------- Present ---------------

Mr.L's POV:

Mr.L: So... After that... You never saw him again?

Nastasia rubbed her arms.

Nastasia: Well... I did see him once more... When he came back to take his SOUL.

Mr.L: What did he do..?

Nastasia: Uh... It wasn't the best experience...

--------------- Flashback ---------------

Nastasia's POV:

I sat at my desk, nervously clicking a pen. Everyone was getting suspicious about what I was doing. They were going to find out eventually, I know it. Mr.L was still dead, he wasn't taking to any of the DETERMINATION samples. If anything, his condition has gotten worse since... Dim.

Mr.L's SOUL was in a perfect, preserved state when he died, but it's started to deteriorate recently. Blumiere was currently in his room and Timpani had gone off to visit the Mushroom Kingdom. I glanced at the glass container on her desk, inside the container was Dim's SOUL. I sighed as I stood up from my chair. I picked up the container and held onto it.

Nastasia: I might as well make myself somewhat useful and ask Blumiere what to do with it...

I started for the door and began to wander down the halls.

Nastasia: Heh... It seems so dead in here...

I continued down the corridors until I started to hear something.

Nastasia: Hm? Maybe Blumiere is doing something...

I slowed down my pace as I continued towards the noise. I kept walking until I stopped just outside the Inner Sanctum.

Nastasia: The Inner Sanctum? But no one has been in here in almost a month...

I slightly opened the door, expecting to only see Mr.L's body lying there. But, I also saw Dim! He was sitting next to Mr.L with his attachments wrapped around him. And he also seemed to be... talking to him?

Dim: ...And the last reset, I was almost able to steal the Pure Heart from Mario! But he caught me, which was why I had to reset, ah ha ha.

I flung open the door the rest of the way and ran inside.

Nastasia: Hey! What do you think you're doing?!

Dim snapped around and backed up against Mr.L's body.

Dim: BACK OFF!

I froze in place at his outburst.

Nastasia: What are you doing here..?

He chuckled.

Dim: I'm not doing anything BAD if that's what you're implying~!

I wrapped my arms around myself.

Nastasia: Yeah, but I'm pretty sure your definition of bad is very vague...

Dim growled.

Dim: Don't you talk to ME about morals. You ARE the one who decided to make me, after all~! How morally righteous was that~?

I let out a grunt of frustration.

Nastasia: Why are you here?!

Dim turned back towards Mr.L.

Dim: Well... I figured... You still have my SOUL... So you still technically OWE ME, you might say...

Nastasia: I-if you want your SOUL back, y-you can have it!