The Power of PERSERVERENCE

--------------- Flashback ---------------

Nastasia's POV:

I stood outside of Blumiere's room. He's been in there quite a lot lately. Ever since the Ultimate Show, that is. Timpani was also inside, trying to comfort him. I stood quietly so I could try and hear what they were discussing.

Timpani: Blumiere... dear... It wasn't your fault, and you know it...

I could hear some sobs from inside.

Blumiere: I-I know... It's just... There had to have been a better option! We could've found a way to destroy the Chaos Heart without killing them! 

Timpani: Shh... Shhh... You know as well as I that at that point there was no way we could have reversed the Heart's effects... It was a kill or be killed moment...

I jumped a little at the sound of something breaking, most likely from Blumiere getting upset.

Blumiere: But that is no excuse! We were both at fault! Not just him! If anything, it should've been ME! I WANTED it to be me! Why did he have to take the Heart?! I would've been happy dead! Just knowing that you would stay alive...

Timpani: But then I would have been upset, Blumiere. If anything, Dimentio SAVED us! Because of him, you didn't have your game ended. And with the wedding ceremony, I was able to be freed of my Pixl form. My game would've ended anyway if you had gone.

Blumiere chuckled a little.

Blumiere: I wish that everyone else could just remember him the way we do... To them, he shall always be known as a traitor... 

Blumiere let out another laugh.

Blumiere: And to think. With all of the power that Super Dimentio possessed... He still spared us...

Timpani: What do you mean..?

Blumiere: All of the worlds were already getting erased. In fact, Castle Bleck was supposed to be the FIRST world gone, being in the heart of the Void. But, he just fought them face to face...

Timpani: Why do you think he did that..?

Blumiere let out a sigh.

Blumiere: Call me insane, but I think that he wanted to keep around the worlds for the same reason I did. He CARED for someone... More specifically, he loved someone... Mr.L...

I stood outside the door in shock. Dimentio had LIKED someone?! More specifically, Mr.L?! It must have been hard on him when he told us Mr.L died fighting the heroes... There was a long pause before I could hear more sobs.

Blumiere: If anything, it makes me feel worse... He was in the same situation as ME, Timpani! And I selfishly ended his game...

I could hear more crying coming from inside and decided that I couldn't handle it anymore. I peeled myself away from the door and walked back towards my room. I let out a sigh as I went inside my room and laid down on my bed.

Nastasia: He's really taking it hard... There has to be SOMETHING I can do to help! 

I sat up and looked around my room. I don't know what I was looking for, but my eyes snagged on my bookshelf. I got up, walked over to it, and started filing through. I kept looking through all of the books until I saw one that made my blood go cold. I pulled it out and ran my hand over the gem on the cover.

Nastasia: The Dark Prognosticus...

I shook my head as I set the book on my desk.

Nastasia: No! I swore that I would never pick up that book again after what happened with Count Bleck!