I Need To Find Him

Timpani: L! Mr.L, wake up!

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes. I looked to see everyone staring down at me. So I could already tell that I was on the floor. Timpani helped me to my feet and I glanced around.

Mr.L: Where did Dimentio go?

Everyone gave me a look of confusion and concern.

Timpani: Are you feeling alright?

Blumiere: You must be having delusions. Probably induced by your sudden fainting episode.

Mr.L: I fainted..?

Mimi: Yeah, silly! You fell over onto the floor after Tippi said that we could all be happy.

Nastasia: But to be honest, it's all kinda fuzzy to us too.

Did I dream it all..? No, I couldn't have! I felt around my pockets but couldn't find the Pure Hearts.

Mr.L: Does anyone know where the Pure Hearts are?

Mario: You LOST THEM?!

I held my hands up.

Mr.L: I swear to Grambi I didn't lose them!

Everyone started to look around the place.

O'Chunks: Found 'em!

I looked to O'Chunks and saw him pointing at something. I followed his gaze to nine heart-shaped rocks and a piece of paper. I ran over to them and recognized the heart rocks as stoned Pure Hearts and a stoned Chaos Heart.

Blumiere: All of the power has been used up! And... The Purple Pure Heart is there as well! Where did it come from?!

I repressed the urge to tell him that Dimentio had it the whole time. I picked up the piece of paper and saw some writing on it.

Mimi: What's that ya got, Mr.L?

I read over the neat handwriting.

'I apologize again for the trouble... The Hearts have all been sapped up and reverted to this state after I used them. They could be restored if desired, though. I wish for you not to go looking for me...

-Kindest regards, Dimentio'

I let out a depressed sigh under my breath. He was so determined to keep me away...

Mimi: Well?! What is it?!

Mr.L: Nothing, Mimi...

Mimi: Well it doesn't SEEM like nothing!

I think that everyone could figure out I was in a downcast mood.

Nastasia: C'mon Mimi, let's get going.

Mimi: But whhhhyyyyyy..?

O'Chunks: C'mon lass.

I turned around and could see my three former teammates march off.

Mario: Well, we gotta go too.

Luigi: No we don't!

Mario elbowed him in the side and then whispered something to him.

Luigi: I-I mean, yeah! We gotta get going, hehe...

Nastasia came back in as Luigi and Mario trudged out. I was about to leave but Timpani and Blumiere stood in my path.

Timpani: Alright, who is the note from?!