Flip-Sight Seeing

Everything here was so bright! And white! There was no one around though... Most likely because it was nighttime. I glanced around and saw a sign on a door that said 'Inn'. 

Mr.L: I should see if I can stay the night... I need some sleep.

I walked over to the building and went inside. The little bell on the door jingled and the person at the desk snapped awake.

Employee: Hi! What can I do you for, sir?

Mr.L: How much for a night's stay?

Employee: That would be 10 coins!

I quickly emptied out my pockets and found about 18 coins. I passed the employee the 10 coins. They put it in the register and passed me a key.

Employee: Please enjoy your stay!

I murmured a small thank you and made my way to the room. I eventually found the room I was assigned and went inside. I immediately fell asleep on the bed.

-----------------

I awoke with a long yawn, sunlight streaming into the room. It took me a hot minute to remember where I was. I was at Flipside Tower. I saw another star next to the bed. I reached out and saved my file. I got out of the bed and shuffled to the front desk of the Inn. I returned the key.

Employee: Good luck, you're gonna need it.

Mr.L: Huh?

Employee: Don't think that I didn't see that Heart of yours! O'Chunks is gonna have fun with you, heh heh.

O'Chunks... That's the guy with the Orange Pure Heart! He must be around here somewhere. I chuckled as I walked to the door.

Mr.L: Guess that you could say I'm a gluten for punishment. L-ater!

-----------------

I walked around Flipside Tower. It was really nice... when people weren't trying to [🔪FIGHT]. I had SPAREd about 12 Flipside residents when I started to wonder where this O'Chunks guy really was.

I walked up to a group of Flipside residents.

Mr.L: Hey, do any of you know where I can find a man who goes by the name O'Chunks?

They all more or less shrugged. I sighed as they all walked off rather quickly.

???: OI! You wit' da Chaos 'eart! GET O'ER 'ERE!

I flinched and tried to stay still.

???: 'EY! I'M TALKIN' TEH YA!

I heard heavy footsteps charge me and immediately bolted. He was apparently not very fast, so I was able to stay ahead for some time. Until I hit a dead end. I looked around frantically. He would be here in seconds!

???: Pst! Hey! Over here!

That was a different voice. A girl's voice. I looked to where the voice came from. I saw a small origami girl that kinda looked like that one king I fought earlier hiding behind some boxes. She motioned for me to duck behind some crates. I dove behind the boxes and not even a few seconds later, a man came stomping down the alleyway. My heart pounded in my chest as I could hear the man stop and start looking. After what felt like forever, he left. I let out a breath of relief. I turned to the origami girl.

Mr.L: Thanks for the help.

???: No problem! What's your name?

Mr.L: Mr.L. And yours?

Olivia: Olivia! Hey... You have the Chaos Heart, right? You aren't going to hurt me... are you?

I stood up and shook my head no.

Mr.L: What?! Of course not! I don't wanna hurt anyone!

Olivia: Okay! That's good! I was worried for a second. What brings you to Flipside?

Mr.L: Uh, currently just trying to figure out where everything is...

Olivia: Oooooh! Are you sightseeing?! I LOVE sightseeing! I know the PERFECT place to go for that! Come on!

The little origami girl grabbed ahold of my hand and started leading me through Flipside. We walked until she led me into an elevator. We took it all the way up to the first floor of Flipside Tower. The elevator doors opened and I was greeted with eight colorful doors.

Mr.L: Whoa. They look like the same colors as Pure Hearts!

Olivia: That's because they're powered BY the Pure Hearts, silly! But that's not what I wanted to show you. Come on! This way!

She once again tugged me along by the hand. I let her lead me until we were at the edge of the tower. She sat down on the ledge.

Olivia: Isn't it beautiful?

I sat down next to her to look at what she was seeing. It was beautiful. Hardly any clouds in the blue sky, the sun shinning down on us, and you could even make out another tower in the distance.

Mr.L: Hey, what's that place over there?

Olivia: That's Flopside Tower! That tower has the door leading to Castle Bleck.

That must be where Timpani said Blumiere was. The view was perfect... except for one flaw. The growing abyss in the sky.

Olivia: This place would be so pretty without that scary Void hanging over our heads... Oh well, It's not your fault.

Olivia went to stand up but her foot slipped.

Olivia: AAAAHHH!!!

She grabbed ahold of the ledge last second.

Olivia: Help!

Mr.L: Oh my Grambi! Here!

I leaned over and extended a hand to her. I could here the doors to the elevator opening, but I couldn't turn around without dropping Olivia. I lifted her up and put her back on the tower. She was breathing heavily.

Olivia: Y-you saved me!

All of a sudden, I got rammed in the back and I went careening off of the tower. My vision started to blur.

Olivia: Mr.L!!!

???: An' this time STAY dead!

I blacked out.

-----------------

~~~

~~~

~~~

???: Greetings! You must be Count Bleck's newest member, correct? What is your name, hm?

Mr.L: Mr.L! Green Thunder! Have at you!

???: Ah ha ha... That's quite the title you have given yourself.

Mr.L: Oh, yeah? What's YOUR name?

???: I am Count Bleck's master of dimensions... The pleaser of crowds... 

I... 

Am...

Mr.L: *GASP* *Cough* *Cough* Oh... what happened? Where am I?

I looked around. I was on the second floor of Flipside. How did I not die?! Or at least break every bone in my body?! I heard something fly past my head. I spun around but saw nothing. I let out a sigh.

Mr.L: At least I'm alive... heh...

I got up off of the ground.

Mr.L: Welp, time to repay the favor.

I went into the elevator and punched in floor one.