Brawn And The DETERMINED

I waited for the sound. The sound of an innocent SOUL shattering.

But I didn't hear it.

I looked again to see O'Chunks standing in front of a shivering Olivia. HE had taken the attack! A bloody gash ran down his chest.

Olivia: O-O'Chunks!

O'Chunks: Get out o' 'ere lass.

Olivia: B-but you're hurt!

O'Chunks: I-it's nothin'... Go.

Olivia quickly flew off. O'Chunks gave a weak chuckle as he looked at me.

O'Chunks: 'It's nothin'... No... Wit' one hit... Yeh was somehow able teh... D-damn it...

He seemed to have the life slowly drain out of him.

O'Chunks: Mimi... Blumiere... Nassy... It's only been one hit... 'an I've already failed yeh...

He lurched forward but caught himself last second.

O'Chunks: No... Urgh... I feel as if I'm 'bout teh die... But I can't... As if I give up my hope fer just a moment... I'll turn teh dust... 

He shakingly stood up straight to face me.

O'Chunks: But... deep down. Deep, DEEP down in me SOUL... There's a feelin' I can't describe that burns like the sun. An' that feelin' WON'T let me die!

O'Chunks clutched his wound as more blood came out.

O'Chunks: This ain't just 'bout the Chaos Heart anymore... Is it? If I let yeh get past me... You'll kill them. You'll kill them all, won' yeh?! Kill their hopes... They're dreams... EVERYTHIN'!!! But I refuse teh let yeh do that! I can feel it... Everyone countin' on me... Their SOULS shinning with mine! And they're all tellin' me ONE THING! And that is teh defeat YOU!!!

He spat out some blood.

O'Chunks: Mr.L... No. Whoever yer supposed teh be! Fer the sake of all worlds! I SHALL END YER GAME!!!

I got blinded by an extremely bright light and had to cover my eyes. Once the light disappeared, I could see O'Chunks standing there acting as if the large cut in his chest didn't affect him. As if he didn't just come knocking on death's door. He seemed to have some kind of... glow to him. He was filled with...

DETERMINATION.

O'Chunks: YER GONNA HAVE TEH TRY A LIL' HARDER THEN THAT!

*The hero appears.

You instinctively selected [🔪FIGHT]. Your attack hit him directly in his weak spot.

1491

I did all that damage... and he's still STANDING?! My SOUL was turned green and I was put into the box. The three slow arrows from when I first fought him the last reset came down on me.

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎: Pfffffft what a weak atta-

Out of nowhere, arrows came at me from all four angles. On pure reflex, I was able to block all of them. Though 💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎ seemed to be as shaken up as I was.

💧︎☟︎✌︎👎︎⚐︎⚐︎: J-just keep attacking!

*The wind is howling uncontrollably.

You selected [🔪FIGHT] and got another critical hit.

1428

Back into the box went my green SOUL. Arrows came in at breakneck speeds from the left and right. I just stuck with my instincts and was able to block all of the hits.