Come Home With Me

I hit the ground running as soon as I made it to Flipside. I knew where he was, I just had to get there.

I passed many happy townsfolk who all waved hello to me. I would try to wave back as I ran to the elevator. I kept running until I was stopped by Mimi and O'Chunks.

O'Chunks: Oi! We got some questions teh ask ya!

Mimi: Yeah! What was-!

Mr.L: I can't talk right now, meet me at Castle Bleck in about an hour!

I punched in floor one and got in before they could ask anything else. I tapped my foot impatiently until the door opened again and I ran out only to be stopped by Olly and Olivia.

Olivia: Mr.L! It's so nice to see you! My brother and I are so happy!

Olly: Yes. And I would just like to say-

I quickly held a hand up to pause them.

Mr.L: Look. Normally, I would wanna hear. But, I'm on a VERY important mission and can't talk right now.

I pushed past them and started for the return pipe.

Mr.L: I'll talk to you when I get back! Meet me at Castle Bleck!

If I get back...

-----------------

I hopped out of the return pipe and ran through the forest. I ran past the Mario brother's house and Luigi and Mario ran up to me.

Luigi: Mr.L! We want to know what-

Mr.L: Yeah, yeah! I'll tell you both later at Castle Bleck!

Mario: Uh, okay then...

They both fell behind as I kept on running for the town up ahead. I reached Toad Town and maneuvered through crowds as I made a beeline for my destination. I kept running and running up until I made it to where I wanted to go.

The garden beside Peach's Castle.

I debated climbing over the fence again but then decided that I should probably not break and enter this time. I walked over to the gates and knocked. A few moments later, two Toad guards opened the doors and greeted me while clutching wounds on themselves. I could tell that the wounds were recent.

Mr.L: What happened to you?

One of the Toad guards grunted as he moved aside to let me in, holding his hand over a gash across his forearm.

Toad 1: Some Pixl broke in and refuses to leave to the garden. We tried to shoo it away but it attacked us instead.

I let out a sigh as I started past the guards.

Toad 2: I advise that you steer clear of the garden, sir!

I chuckled a little.

Mr.L: Unfortunately, the garden is my destination. And don't worry. I'll fix the Pixl problem too.

I walked off as the guards watched on in disbelief. I kept on wandering even though it was starting to turn a little dark out. Eventually, I let my ears lead me on. I could now hear some form of quiet sobbing sounds.

After a few minutes of wandering aimlessly through the yard, I started to see flowers and butterflies around. I was getting close. I kept walking and then slowed my pace upon seeing him. I could see Dim, now back in his Pixl form, hovering slightly above the ground and muttering to himself.

Dim: They'll all forget... They'll think that it was all a bad dream... I can't hurt anyone else here... Oh, but those guards..!..

I took a step towards him and we both flinched at the sound of a twig snapping underneath my foot. My SOUL flashed and before I knew it, I was in a battle with him.