22

xRenae

I feel like everyone was disappointed that I got pregnant and the baby was by August. Most of my family including my mother and Jasmine were shocked at the news. August mother was happy for us but disappointed because we are still in college. I was currently at his mom's house since it felt very tense at my house with my mom.

"Baby don't stress" he spoke as he rubbed my feet.

"I'm trying not to but it's hard when it feels like everyone is disappointed in me" I said pouting. Even though jasmine says she is happy for me I know deep down she's a bit disappointed.

"Don't think like that. It was just a shock and no one knew we were back together" I sighed heavily listening to what he was saying. We both had to figure out what we were going to do once the baby is born cause we are still in school. Even though he had a place, I feel wrong about moving in with him since Chris is his roommate. It was a lot of pieces we still had to work out.

"Can you take my mind off it" I asked. He leaned up kissing my lips. I laid back as he hovered on top of me when we heard a knock on his door. He sucked his teeth getting up to see who it was.

"August I got some ice cream for Renae" I looked towards the door to see she had a bowl made for me. The biggest smile came to my face as I quickly went over there and gave her a hug.

"Thanks mama" she smiled walking away.

"You must be special, she never bring me ice cream to my room" I chuckled putting the spoon into my mouth. He's just jealous.

"So I wanted to apologize again for the way I left things between us some years back. That was the worst approach." He said. I raised my eyebrow surprised he was talking about this. "You're the best thing that happened to me and I went and ruined it for myself so I'm thankful that you are letting me get a second chance with you baby" he kissed my forehead making my eyes tear up a little.

"Just don't mess it up, you mean everything to me" I said. He nodded with a smile on his face.

"Imma head and get us some food, you okay with being in here by yourself?" I nodded as I watched him grab his stuff and walk out. I grabbed my phone and FaceTimed Jasmine. She immediately answered the phone.

"BESTIE" she yelled with the biggest smile. I instantly started smiling, I'm so use to being with her everyday.

"I miss you so much" I said eating more of my ice cream. "I wanted to ask you something cause I know Chris big head is over there"

"I know you not talking" I heard him say in the background. I laughed trying to get my words together.

"Will you guys be the godparents to our child" even though they knew they were going to be, I wanted to ask properly. Jasmine smile gotten so big. Chris snatched the phone showcasing his face.

"Is that even a question, hell yeah" "hope you know they getting spoiled" I chuckled.

"Boy give me my phone back"

" you always talking to her, let me get a turn" they continued going back and forth.

"As I was saying, who head you calling big" Chris said mugging me.

"You! Look how it's taking up my whole damn screen" he sucked his teeth as Jasmine snatched her phone back.

"Damn she ain't call you" Jas said mugging him. I chuckled listening to them argue back and forth. Soon after, august was walking back in the room with food in his hands. A smile instantly came on my face.

"Why they asses arguing about this time" he said laughing. I shook my head.

"Wish I could tell you"

"Man go on somewhere, Nae I'll talk to you later" Jas said pushing Chris face out the camera. I shook my head.

"Okay y'all have a good night" after we said our goodbyes I hung up the phone. August was changing back into comfortable clothing as I was looking through the food he brought back.

"You staying over tonight?" He asked me.

"If your mom doesn't mind"

"She don't care" he said taking a seat next to me and passing me my food.

"You want me to put something on the tv"

"Yah whatever show we was watching earlier" he nodded turning on Abbot Elementary. We've been hooked ever since we saw a clip of it on social media. The rest of night we watched our show and cuddled.

_____________

So it's been awhile since I last updated this book and I wanted to apologize for the wait. School and work had kept me extremely busy.

Let me know how you felt about the chapter. Share to others

~BR££