23

RENAE

I clenched my eyes closed as I felt an intense pain shoot through my stomach, it was way worse than period cramps. I didn't really bother to say much about it since I figured it was normal in the first trimester. I looked in the mirror and continued doing my makeup. I was supposed to be having some family function today before thanksgiving. Merely an excuse for my family to party and drink. I fluffed my hair liking how everything was turning out. I grabbed my phone and jogged down the stairs.

"Nae, come fix this pasta salad for me"

"Coming" I made the short walk into the kitchen already feeling out of breath.

She smiled "remember to take it easy, it is two of you now" she pointed towards my stomach. I gave her a closed-lip smile before starting on the dish. I had overheard my mom talking to my stepdad about how disappointed she was in me and that I had pretty much ruined my life with this pregnancy. I cried the whole night about it. I didn't even have the guts to confront her as she was talking. I started thinking about my choices and if they were smart or not. I sighed stirring the pasta noodles.

"How you doing" Richard asked coming into the kitchen. Despite his crazy daughter, he was a nice person and treated my mom well.

"Ya know the usual" I responded. He ruffled my hair before walking to the fridge. Why do dads do that every time they see their daughter. I smoothed my hand over the fly always.

"Can someone get the door" my mom asked as she fluffed her couches. I look between the two of them before sighing and walking to the door. I opened the door to see my uncle and my cousins.

"Renae" my cousin Lily said pulling me into a hug. I gave her one back before hugging my other little cousin.

"I didn't know you guys was gonna be in town" I said with a huge smile. My uncle Rich was by far my favorite. He was like the farther figure I always needed when my dad left.

"Surprise" he engulfed me into a hug as the smile never left my face. The last I saw them was on my high school graduation. I grabbed my stomach starting to feel pain again.

"Excuse me" I spoke before making my way to the bathroom. I was unsure what was happening. I leaned over the toilet as I threw up viciously.

"Nae are you okay?" Lily asked poking her head in the door.

"Yeah just a stomach bug" I lied as I washed my mouth out.

"Do you have medicine for it?" I nodded as spit out the mouthwash.

"Don't worry I'm fine" she gave a small smile before walking away. I touched my stomach that was slightly poking out. I wasn't ready for the rest of my family to know. I feel as if they are going to have the same reaction as my mother. I sighed trying to cheer myself up.

Aug💖
Why my mom already trying to buy us baby clothes and shit

I smiled at how supportive she was, I wish mine could be the same or at least pretend to. I sent him back a reply as I walked out the bathroom.

"Renae go get your uncle a beer" my mom said as more of my family started walking in. I side eyed her as I went and grabbed it. He got two legs to get it himself. I grabbed a bud light out the fridge and made the walk back to the now packed living room.

"How's college treating you?" My aunt Linda asked.

"It's fine, just ready to graduate" I passed the beer to my uncle as she continued to make small talk.