12 - Dylan

Dylan wakes up in a white, square room, and he's laying on a metal cot embedded in the wall. He sits up, and pulls on the handcuffs that are holding his right arm in place. He tries to stand again, but that is when the door opens and in walks a man with brown and gray hair and thick, round glasses and wearing a gray suit.

He walks over to the side of the bed Dylan is in and stops, clasping his hands in front of himself.

"Who are you, the Tooth Fairy?" Dylan asks.

The man smiles. "You won't be saying that in a week."

"What? What does that even mean?"

"It means I'm going to blood-starve you. Feed you human food, but no blood. We're going to be keeping you in here, and in a weakened state, until we finally get you into a feral state. Then we will let you feed ... on whoever you want to."

Dylan growls. "Fuck you, buddy."

The man laughs in his face. "We will see how much fight you have after all this time passes." He turns and leaves the room, sealing the door shut behind himself.

Dylan puts his head back and closes his eyes. He sighs deeply and tries to ignore the fact that he's now imprisoned here. He tries to think about anything other than Autumn, Arlo, and Emma. He can't just ignore that they're all in need of his help.

He soon falls asleep.

◇◇◇◇◇

Dylan snaps awake as soon as the door opens up again. He opens his eyes and looks up as the man that Autumn described to Emma walks in the room.

"My name is Mikael. I am a vampire, but as you  may have guessed, my brother, Raul, is not a vampire."

"What is he then?"

"A demon," he says simply, matter-of-factly.

"Why are you telling me this?" Dylan asks.

"Because I believe in everyone knowing what is going on. Because I want you to see your destruction on the horizon and embrace it."

Dylan has never been a particularly violent person, but he imagines punching the man in the face. Mikael doesn't seem to care, as he keeps talking. Dylan decides that this man just likes the sound of his own voice.

"You will help us realize the truth of vampires everywhere. We will see what kind of vampire you are when we help awaken your powers."

Dylan blinks. "Was Gabriel helping you?"

Mikael smiles. "Yes, in fact, he was. But I should tell you that he's now .... entertaining Emma."

Dylan snarls, lunging at the man's throat, but he grabs hold of Dylan's chin and then shoves him backwards. He falls back onto the bed, and the man snarls at him.

"You try that shit again, and you will not like what happens next." He slams the door behind himself.

Dylan starts to struggle against the handcuffs again, but they don't seem to budge. They can't be just metal. They have to be something strong.

He sighs again and puts his head down. He has to reach Emma. He has to get all of them out of here. But something tells him that he should be more worried about Autumn, for some reason.