65 - Dylan

Dylan wakes up in a new and unfamiliar place. He looks around nervously, trying to figure out where exactly he is. The room is shaped like a square and he is laying on a hospital bed, with straps over his body. He growls with frustration and summons his ice. It swirls around his hands, and he presses his hands against the restraints.

He watches as the ice freezes over on the chains holding his straps in place, and he struggles against the straps, until they break apart. Dylan stands up and walks toward the door to the room.

But there is no sign of how to get out, as the door itself is locked. He could always freeze the lock, but just as he is getting ready to do that, he hears something in the room beyond the door.

He looks at the bed he was in, and then back to the door. It opens and in comes Zeke, the angel's white wings are unfolded from his back, and he smiles at Dylan.

"I'm going to kill you," Zeke says.

"I'm sure you are," Dylan says dryly. He sits down on the bed and looks at Zeke. "So now what. We fight each other?"

Zeke shakes his head. "No. I won't make that mistake again. You and I are going to open a portal .... one to another world. One that we will use to unlock the door to my destiny."

Dylan rolls his eyes. "You've really lost it, I see."

Zeke chuckles and slams him against the wall with such force that Dylan feels the breath leave his body. He looks at Zeke, the angel's blue and green eyes piercing. He snarls and presses a dagger to Dylan's throat.

"I'd shut up if I were you, boy," he snarls.

Dylan creates a sharp, jagged icicle in his left hand. With fluid movements, Dylan proceeds to shove Zeke back and stab his side with the icicle dagger. Zeke screams with rage and pain, and runs at Dylan, who throws a sheet of ice on the ground between them, causing Zeke to fall on his behind.

The dagger clatters on the ice and slides out of Zeke's reach and into Dylan's hand. Zeke snarls as he stumbles, trying to stand up, the icicle still stuck inside him. Zeke growls at Dylan.

"I'm going to make you pay for that," he growls.

Dylan shakes his head. "Stand down, already, Zeke. This isn't going to end well for one of us."

Zeke laughs, spitting blood on the ground and showing Dylan his bloody teeth. "I'm so glad you think like that."

He then flares his big, white wings, and flies up off the ice, and into the air he goes. Dylan stares at Zeke, wondering if he should stab him again, or if he should take the icicle out of Zeke, making him bleed out.

Either would work to finish this grim job Dylan has been put into the position of getting. Dylan sighs and squares his shoulders, putting his head high despite the anxiety clawing at his throat.

Zeke dives at him, and Dylan waits until the last second, before dropping to the floor and sliding across the ice. Zeke hits the wall, falling and landing on his back, crushing his wings under his body. Zeke screams in pain.

Dylan gets up and holds the dagger he stole from Zeke up to the angel's throat. Zeke laughs again.

"Do it. You don't have the balls."

"You want to bet?" Dylan asks.

Zeke struggles to sit up and looks at the dagger and shakes his head.

"You really don't think I won't kill Autumn for this?" Zeke asks.

"You aren't killing Autumn," Dylan snaps, his anger rising.

"Hahaha! You two are the most melodramatic vampires I've ever met," he says. "And I worked with that Gabriel fellow, always wearing a trenchcoat and talking about Emma this and Emma that."

"It would be wise for you to shut up and let me go," Dylan says.

"By all means, my boy. Go. Run off to be with your friends."

Dylan punches Zeke, knocking him unconscious, and then he freezes Zeke's weapon in a block of permafrost, then he leaves the room.

Dylan makes it down several hallways and into a computer lab room, and as he sits down and starts to type in the computer, as whoever used it last had a password of "password" on their computer.

He pulls up files on Autumn. On himself. On Arlo, Emma, Freya, and other people he's never heard of before.  Names like Vega, Fang, Freddy, Leo, and Wren stand out to him.

As he scrolls through the files, he is printing them, and the printer behind him is going off one file at a time. He doesn't have time to read any of the files, but he shoves them in folders and puts those in a medium sized duffle bag.

Then, he's off again.