68 - Dylan

Dylan and Autumn try to break him free from the bindings Zeke has put in place. But it doesn't seem to be a worthwhile effort, as Dylan is stuck on the bed.

"Are you sure this can come off?" he asks Autumn.

She nods. "It has to."

"Autumn," Dylan says softly, but she shakes her head.

"No, Dylan. You're not going to be left behind or something like that."

"Naomi is dead," he says. "You are the only one who can find me, with the link between us."

I swallow hard. "You can't ask me to do this."

"I have to," he says. Dylan cups Autumn's face in his hands and makes her look at him. She has tears in her eyes, and as he looks into those beautiful green eyes of hers, he can't help but be taken aback by her beauty.

He gently traces her jaw with his finger, and she shudders a little. He smiles at her, and she blushes furiously.

"I'm not going to leave you behind."

"Please, don't make this any harder than it has to be. Please. I don't want to be alone in here, I want to go home. But I can't yet. So go, go, and get help."

A sob escapes her mouth. She looks away from Dylan, her eyes full of unshed tears. She sighs in a shaking breath, and kisses his cheek. He grabs her shoulder, and she looks at him with a sad look.

"I'm sorry I can't save you right now."

"Don't be. Just hurry back here, okay?"

She nods her head. "Okay. I love you."

He smiles at her, fighting the urge to cry as he watches Autumn leave the room and her thoughts start to fade. Dylan struggles against the bindings Zeke has wrapped around his body. He tries to freeze it and break through it, but it won't work. They won't freeze.

Dylan sighs. He is well and truly stuck in here. So he puts his head back and closes his eyes, trying to get calmer than he is now, so he can focus himself and use his ice powers to get himself out.