75 - Autumn

I get to Illyrica and then I am confronted by a woman with bronze skin, long, silver hair, and bright blue eyes and white feathered wings. She wears a dark blue dress and a pair of dark sandals.

"Autumn. You're in grave danger," she says.

"Aren't I always?"

I start to walk past her, but she reaches out and touches my arm. Images flood my mind all at once, and when they do, it takes my breath away.

Dylan fighting against Rava's power as she tried to entice him into jumping off the roof of the lab. Dylan falling, then him being carried away by some mysterious angelic guy. Then the angelic guy was holding Dylan (semi-awkwardly, as Dylan is very tall) and he was dodging the attacks from Zeke, all while Dylan himself was fighting Zeke with his ice. Then I see Zeke using his powerful sword to cut the sky and rip Dylan free of the angelic guy's embrace.

I then see Zeke stabbing Dylan in the chest, and stealing his soul with a spell or something he bound to the blade. Images flood my mind again when I grab hold of the girl's arm to steady myself in reflex.

Dylan wandering through this cold, barren wasteland reminiscent of a totally burned forest. Then I see him standing in front of a ruined temple, peering inside the darkness before him. He then is walking into the temple and he stops before an altar.

The altar has offerings of fruits, some jewelry, and some honey. What could they be offering to what?

I snap out of the trance when the girl pushes me away. Once we are not making contact, the visions of what happened to my best friend fade.

"Who are you?" I ask her.

"Zara," she says. "And I can help you get Dylan back."

"How?"

"I am not from here, but I have experience passing through portals. I can help you when you go to the Valley of Emptiness."

"Why would you want to help me?" I ask.

"Because I know what Zeke has planned, and if the bridge is not broken, he will conquer earth as you know it. He will kill all humans. He will destroy everything. Please let me help you save your friend. My world was destroyed in a similar way to what he is planning. I cannot let that happen here. Right now, your friend's life is the most valuable thing in your world. If he dies, you all do."

- the end ... for now. -

Look out for Red Eyes, the second part in Autumn's and Dylan's story, out soon.