33 - Zeke

When Zeke finally wakes up, he looks around the room he is now in. The room is shaped like a square and as he sits there, looking for the door or any way of getting out. But, no matter how hard he looks, he can't seem to find it.

No doors or windows.

Time passes, and then the wall slides open, showing that there was indeed a white door hidden among the white wallpaper. Zeke looks at the woman who opened the door, and he realizes this is Elekai.

"What am I doing here?"

"Be glad you're here and not in a cell," she snaps.

"Your hospitality knows no bounds. Well, thanks for not leaving me in the mud, but I am not going to be sticking around here. Got work to do, you know how it is."

Elekai shakes her blonde head. "No, you don't get it, do you? Boy, I'm offering you a deal. We will become partners in a sense, and together, we will get the Eldersblood vampires back. We will work together. And then, and only then will we be able to keep them in one place. Then, we can defeat them. But we have to work together, Zeke!"

Zeke sighs. "Fine, we will do it your way for now."

She smiles and nods. "Good. Come with me, I have an idea for something we can do to help this situation resolve itself."

Elekai takes Zeke down to the lower levels of the compound, taking him to a cell where the prisoners are kept, he assumes. But he honestly does not know.

"Here we are," she says as they reach a high-tech door. She types a password into the system on the side, and she looks up at the door as it slides open.

Zeke looks at her nervously, but she steps inside the room without looking at him. He follows, and sees the lights are turning on slowly, dim at first.

Then, the girl who is knelt in the shadows looks up at the two of them.

"Please," she says. "Don't hurt me."

"I won't," Zeke says. "Who are you?"

The girl stands up, and Zeke's eyes widen in shock. She has long, blonde hair cut straight, and blue eyes that stare up at him, the look of shock on her face is heartbreaking.

"Emma?" he asks.

She shrinks back. "Don't hurt me!"

He looks at Elekai. "You saved her? Why?!"

Elekai rolls her eyes. "All four of those vampires have Eldersblood in them, you fool. Eldersblood is the spark of magic in their veins. It is the proof that Autumn, Arlo, Emma, and Dylan are all Eldersblood vampires, their own power is."

Zeke looks at Emma, then back to Elekai. "You better be right about this, because if you're not .... well."

"What? What will you do?" she asks.

"I will make sure you regret lying to me. Best leave it at that."

Elekai laughs. "Very well." She looks at Emma. "I have plans for her."

"Like what?"

"Not in front of her," Elekai says, shaking her head. "Come."

Zeke looks at Emma, not sure how she's alive, and follows Elekai out of the room and to Elekai's study. She opens a drawer and pulls out a red vial. She hands it to him, demanding that he is careful. Zeke looks at it, and looks at her, confused.

"This vial is the Hydeblood I created. It is to make the vampire that drinks it go insane. It can be cured, but only I have it. Hydeblood is powerful and potent. It is quite intense." She smiles at him. "I think you can decide which vampire to give it to."

"How much of this do you have?"

"I'm making more every day. But it is hard. The ingredients of the mixture is .... hard to get."

"Ah. Well, if I can help with that, let me know."

She smiles at him. "I am glad."

Zeke nods and walks toward the door. "How is the best way to give this to them?"

"Make them drink it, or coat your weapon with it ...." her voice trails off. "Just as long as you can get it in them, it will work."

Zeke smiles. "I know exactly what to do."