15 - Dylan

Dylan wakes up laying in his hospital bed he was placed in before, but he wonders if the others are okay. He sits up and looks around the room. Dylan sees Autumn laying on a hospital bed to his right, her eyes are closed, her auburn hair frames her face, and as she sleeps, he sees her eyes dart side to side beneath the eyelids.

Ever since he met her in those woods, when she was being attacked and the woods were burning, he had thought she was beautiful. Her golden eyes shine bright in the sun, making her already golden eyes seem brighter. He wishes for sunlight or even moonlight, so he can see the silvery tint to her eye color.

But as she lays fast asleep, he looks to the left, but only sees the white wall. Dylan frowns, wondering where Emma and Arlo are. But he doesn't think they're in this room right now. Autumn shifts in her bed, rolling over to her stomach, and she sighs softly. She's out like a light.

Dylan quickly looks away, realizing he's staring at her and he's thinking about her ....

But then, she wakes up and rolls over, looking at him with a sleepy expression on her face. Her golden eyes are tinged with red blood vessels from having just woken up, or maybe from crying earlier. But Dylan just watches as she realizes she is looking at him, and he's now okay. He wonders what had happened before, when he'd blacked out.

"Dylan? Are you okay?" she asks.

"Yes, Autumn, I'm fine," he says simply.

She climbs out of bed and walks to his bedside. As if she isn't entirely sure of whether or not he's actually okay, she pokes his arm with her index finger. He chuckles and she blushes. Immediately, he feels a warm thrum fill his chest. But he does not let that show on his face, and he hopes it doesn't reach his eyes.

He doesn't know why, but maybe if he can put some distance between him and her, it will save her in the end. If he pushes her away, they can't hurt him through her. No. He hates that thought, and when he looks back at her, she blinks and her smile fades.

"Dylan? What's wrong?"

He shakes his head. "I'm fine."

"Your face said otherwise," she says quietly. "You don't have to tell me, but still. I just .... I'm here for you, okay? No one.... no one comes to me when they need me. And if you don't..."

A twinge of guilt flares in his heart.

"I'm sorry, I just don't want you to get hurt because of me. Because of our friendship, they can use our friendship against us. And if they do, and you get hurt.... No. I can't let that happen."

She blushes again. "You really worry about me, huh?"

He nods. "Yeah."

Suddenly, he hears someone's footsteps scuffing the floor outside the door. He looks at Autumn, and she hurries over and lays down on her bed. Dylan looks up as the door opens up and in comes Michael, Gabriel's older brother.

Dylan isn't surprised to see him here, watching the two of them. Michael steps closer to the foot of Autumn's bed. Dylan tenses, ready to jump up, but before he can, Michael takes her out of the room and leaves, leaving him alone. He just stares at the bed where she just was, and as he gets up and walks to the door, he tries the handle, but no luck, as it is locked from the other side.

He slams his shoulder into the door, and nothing happens. Deciding that he is going to get out of here and he is  going to help Autumn, he continues to body slam the door. But after a few times, he stops, and looks around the room for anything he could try to pick the lock with.

Not that he even knows how to do that, but still.

Dylan walks to the other side of the room and he starts to search for anything that might reveal a way out. But he does not see anything, so the next idea that occurs to him then makes a lot more sense than his enemies leaving a lockpick in his room.

Hes going to make them come in, and then, he will attack them, and runs from the room. So, he begins to yell and make as much noise as he can, hoping that will make someone open the door and see what the commotion is about.

Dylan finally is lucky in this regard, because that is when the door opens up, but the person that walks in is what shocks him. 

Soren stands before him, his green hair and blue eyes setting him apart from the dullness of Mikael.

"Soren?"