47 - ????

The leader of the beings who killed the fae in their village square during the Kalabai ritual brings Autumn to their village.

Autumn is bound, her arms chained behind her back, and her gaze locked on his back, burning his soul. He doesn't care. She hates him for killing the fae and doing whatever else she hates him for, but he doesn't care.

"Welcome to Eonys. This is the home of the Wanderers. What are those, you ask? Well, Autumn, I'm glad you asked. The Wanderers are of nowhere. A place where no one cares what creature of human myth you are. Eonys is a peaceful and happy place. Here, you will find no confusion or anger towards you for what you are. There are accommodations for all. Especially vampires."

Autumn doesn't say anything. He sighs and stops walking. They are standing on the main street of Eonys, which is paved with bricks and cobblestones, and the high lights that hang out over the streets give the mythical forest vibe.

"Eonys is a safe haven for all, so long as they don't harm others. We have people who supply blood to us, we have organ donors, and other things like that. Trust me, if you can think it, it's here in Eonys."

"Then where is my best friend?" Autumn asks him.

He sneers at her. "Probably dead."

"You'd better hope not," she says.

"And why is that?"

"Because if you had any hope of getting my help, you'd best hope that I have something worth fighting for. You think I will cooperate if he's dead?" She scoffs.

He smiles. "I don't know if I'd keep calling him just your best friend."

"What the hell does that mean?" she asks.

"I think you know," he says.

They start to walk again and he stops in the town hall, where everyone, meets up to discuss things. Autumn is sat down at the table to the left of the door. She doesn't look up, or even react as he sits down across from her and removes his mask.

"Who are you?" she asks. She looks at him, his dark, black hair and his blue-gray eyes, his face and the scars on it.

"My name is Kallias. And I am not your enemy, regardless of what you think."

"You kill people!" Autumn shouts.

"So do you, girl," he spits. "I am Kallias of the Wanderers and I am offering you a home here."

"One I don't want if I cannot be with my family and friends."

"Aren't you stubborn?" he asks.

"No, I don't think that is too much to ask for. And if you do, well, screw you."

He smiles at her. "I like you, girl. Tell you what. You can make one wish right now. One wish. And if you could, tell me it in great detail. I am curious."

She doesn't hesitate. "I would want to know what happened to Dylan. And if he's okay, I'd want him here with me. So if I could make a wish, I guess it would be for him."

Kallias smiles at her. "Very well. Stay here."

He gets up and walks into the side room where his friend is sitting. He looks up at Kallias.

"Cody, my man," he says. "Can you do me a favor?"

He and Cody walk back into the main room, where Autumn is still sitting. Cody and Kallias stop at the base of the table, and Autumn watches closely.

Cody holds his hands up, revealing the sharp and deadly claws he possesses. He slices through the air, and cleaves it in two, creating a portal to the world where the ritual took place in.

Kallias steps through the tear between worlds and he grabs Dylan's frozen form and brings him through the portal back to the other side, next to Autumn.

Autumn runs to him, but the chains holding her to the table make it hard for her to reach him. Kallias walks over to Autumn and frees her from the chains, and she runs to Dylan then.

She looks at Kallias.

"Please. Help me free him," she says.

Kallias looks to Cody, who shrugs. He then turns to Autumn again. "You think this is a game, girl? It isn't."

"If you want to get my cooperation, you'd best revive him. Because if you don't, why would I want to help you?"

"Two things can save your boyfriend now," drawls Kallias. "The power of light and heat or the power of ice and cold. You'd best hope his own power can save him."