Shine

First off, let me point out this the artwork is not mine, I found it on DA, full credit goes to the artist, their signature is on it!

Sweat dripped from his brow, landing on the shared bed, he twists and turns until a fair hand reaches out to calm him, slowly dark blue eyes open. Their owner glances around as his mind replays a certain night on repeat. That same fair hand is there, offered to him, it is his lifeline, embracing it, he kissed the back, saying, "thank you, darling." Voice muffled, deeper than usual as the last traces of sleep are chased away. "You're welcome, Mail, did you have that dream again?"

"Yes, I did..." Sitting up in bed, he covers his face with both hands, while petite arms wrap around his slender body. "It's okay, I'm right. Because of you, I am here, alive and well, my wounds have all healed, thanks to you." Pale pink lips touched Matt's cheek, giving a bit of color to them, "thank you, get some more sleep."

"Alright, I love you."

"I love you too..." He muttered while watching his lover lay back down. Flaxen locks were spread out over the pillow like a golden halo, in that moment Mail Jeevas thanked the heavens that he hadn't died, even if he had been fated to do so. Someone up there had been looking out for him, the brunet didn't know who that person was but he made sure to show his appreciation at all times.

Running an ungloved hand through those lovely tresses, the tech specialist slowly rolled out of bed. There was a rule against smoking in the house, especially in bed, so Jeevas made his way out to the balcony. On the way there he grabbed one cigarette and a lighter. Stepping out into the cold night air, he shivered and looked up, a million stars greeted him along with a few memories.

                                                                          ~~~Five years earlier~~~

Third Person and Matt's P.O.V

The battle between Kira and Mello was coming to an end, and I was given the task of looking into a certain woman. When I first saw her I thought she was a bit too young to be connected to Kira, she had to be between the age of fourteen, maybe fifteen, and twenty. Her hair was put up in twin pigtails, blonde, with her was a much older man, maybe her father, however, I highly doubt he was related to the brown-eyed female. She's pretty cute, her fashion seems to be a mixture of gothic and punk, it looks good. This is much better than watching a screen all day with no sound.

Misa Amane, model, actress, idol, had disappeared from the limelight for some time right around the start of second Kira's killings, then came back around, later on, she is Yagami Light's betrothed. I spent the whole day following the odd pair, not once did they even notice me. If this is how the Japanese police are then I don't have much to worry about. Alright, they're back at the hotel now, it's time for me to head back. Just then a pair of baby brown eyes seemed to lock onto mine, they were full of joy but that joy wasn't directed at me, she was looking past me. All they did was shop all day, is that really fun? I almost feel sorry for the big guy.

Sitting in his car, Wammy's House's third successor pondered what the next move would be, clearly they wouldn't be getting anything out of this girl. Even if they did kidnap her, it was more likely that Kira would kill her or not give a shit. Glancing over at his pack of cigarettes, one was picked up, the butt pressed against his lips before he slowly parted them to hold it in place. Sparking up, Jeevas decided to go for a little drive after checking in with Mello.

Time seemed to fly by, their plans had changed, they were no longer going after Misa Amane, which made Matt just a bit pleased, why, he wasn't too sure. "So we're going after Takada Kiyomi then."

"Yes, she is the voice of Kira and has the most connection with him. If this plan goes right Kira and Near will both be checkmated." I looked at the reckless blond, taking in his features, the burn marks on his face. A sign of how far he was willing to go to beat his rival, to avenge L, to conquer a world that had long since turned its back on him, on us. Mello muttered something about Near having an edge then, this was the only way to pull it off, I didn't fully listen, too busy with my classic GameBoy. If only I had paid attention back then, maybe I could have stopped what was about to transpire.