Reward.

"Checkmate." The word had echoed through L's mind ever since it had been uttered by a certain woman. No one, not a single person outside of the task force, should have known his real identity. Yet, somehow, this girl had pieced together his true identity. She made it sound so simple too. Like it was nothing more than a game of chess or pieces of a puzzle. This both fascinated and irritated the black-haired man. Of course, he knew her true name as well. Which is dangerous in a world where a killer only needed a face and name to kill. However, that didn't matter much since both Kiras were being watched over by himself and what remained of the Task Force. What did matter was how Kira killed, and this known yet unknown woman.

"Koneko, what are your thoughts on the current killings?" Inquired Ryuzaki the moment his dark irises fell upon wavy, multicolored tresses, brown skin, and tricolored eyes. "I think... this new Kira, cause this is clearly not the first or second Kiras, is a pawn." Answered the ginger truthfully. "What makes you think that? His pattern hasn't changed much." Said Matsuda while placing a cup of coffee next to Light.

"Because there's a hidden pattern within this Kira's pattern." A grin, much like the Cheshire cat, slowly appeared on Zia's features. "She's right, take a look at this, Ryuzaki." Taking out the list of current deaths, the brunet male showed that all the deaths were on weekends. Also that they seemed to be connected to the Yotsuba Group.

"You're so smart, Moon-Kun." Cooed the short person while getting up from her chair. Something about the way she said it made the deadly pale complected man stop to watch her.

Just what could she be hiding? Does she know more than she's letting on? Just how involved is Koneko with this case? Perhaps she's the new second Kira. As the browless man's brilliant mind goes a mile a second, he idly dips his into an empty cup that was once full of creme and chocolate. Meanwhile, said individual was asking Watari if she could use the kitchen.

"I tend to come up with my best ideas, theories, etc while baking. So, do you mind?"

"Not at all. The added sweets will be helpful in the long run." Giving a friendly smile, the older gentleman nods then gestures for Zia to follow him. As the pair went off to bake, cook in general, the other members kept working. Leaving one of the youngest members, Matsuda alone to ponder what he could do to be more helpful.

~~Time Skip to Friday even.~~

"Where is Matsuda? He normally helps me with minor things such as these." Frowning just a bit while handing out cups of coffee and tea, unique eyes scanned each face. "He should be with Misa Amane right now, she had a shot today." Offered Soichiro before taking the cup and taking a small sip. "I wonder if he enjoys being her lapdog, the office gopher." No attempts were made to hide Koneko's thoughts on the matter.

Sneaking into the Yotsuba Group's building was a random, reckless, risky idea but that never stopped Touta. It was as if the young man thrived off such risks. Which is what lead to his current situation. Face to face with the top dogs of the group, telling them about Misa-Misa, since he is her manager. I'm only going to get this one chance. I better make it count. Thought the fair complected man.

"Something seems off. I think you should give one of them a call." Concern laced the cocoa skin lady's voice. "Light, call Misa Amane, she'll listen to you."

Touta had managed to get himself into major trouble. However, the raven-haired risk taker also gave the team value information. It all seemed to happen quite quickly. From the moment they found out Matsu was in trouble, Ryuzaki was already hatching a plan. "We'll need an ambulance, a heavy sack, car, and a witness." Came the monotone voice of their leader. "Done." All eyes turned towards the short female as she was already making preparations.