Aftermath

He said he would always protect her, but he had failed. When the young lady needed him most, there was no trace of him. Why? Well all because of a stupid mistake on his part, the stubbornness of his rival and the girl's willingness to sacrifice herself. The news had shaken him to his core. His Amor was gone, far beyond their reach. All that was left were memories and their children. Whom didn't really know him.

Near had called a meeting after leaving the house of his former lover. No one had heard from the woman in years, so no one knew what to make of it when the albino man had told them to meet at her house in a few days. So around two in the afternoon. All the old and former friends met up.

Just like the albino male, they all sat down and watched the video. And just like him, they got too met his children. Little Natalie and Zian were in the guest room, that Mello had turned into their playroom. Both children were busy and paid very little attention or so it seemed, to the adults, that is until Near came into the room. Grey and mixed eyes looked at each other. Zian walked over to his sister and unplugged her headphones. Her piercing grey eyes blinked in confusion while the old school music she was listening to played softly. Nodding towards the door Zian helped Natalie up.

Turning her snow and mixed colored head the girl looks at the adults, that had been trying to get their attention. Rose giggled and sniffled a bit. A tear rolling down her cheek. Slowly they got up and walked over to the woman, handing her a tissue. Since neither couldn't reach the female's face. "Thank you sweethearts, what's your names?"

The twins spoke in unison. "She's Nala, he's Zeke. Are you here to see the King and Queen?" Their fingers went up to their multicolored locks and started to play with each other's hair. The lime green and blue clad woman gave them a smile. "We're here to meet you two as well. I'm-" Kitty is cutoff when the children smile at her then speak.

"Auntie Rose, uncles L and Mail, it's nice to meet you too. We know who you all are. King-Daddy showed us all of Queen-Mummy's pictures and books." Nodding his head, Nala let's go of Zeke's hand and walks over to a chest. She opens it and pulls out an old looking photo book. "Pwease be careful with this" says the little girl while handing the book to L. The pale skin man holds it open delicately with his thumbs and pointer finger. "Wow, I can't believe Zia still had these old pictures of us as teenagers." Mumbles Matt over L's shoulder.

The children pulled out some beanbags for everyone to sit on as Rose And Near told them stories of their mum's childhood. Matt went out for a smoke, to which the oldest twin, Zeke said. "Stop smoking so much." His tone reminded the male too much of the boy's mother, he had a hard time turning away for a moment. With a sigh he agreed to cut back. "Good" says the child as he finished listening to his auntie talk. While Kitty was talking Natalie looked through the photos. Shortly afterwards the children became tired and passed out.

There were two pictures that stood out. L looked at one of them closely, while Nate sneakily grabbed the other. "Tell me about this picture"

L handed over an old picture of Lee, snuggled up to Mello. Koneko was sleeping. The blue eyed teen's lips were pressed against the red wine haired female's head, her head rested on his shoulder slightly. His arm was wrapped around her a bit and it looked like he had a firm grip on the girl. From the angle it was clear to see that Mello himself took the picture.

"I was wondering what happen to that picture. Now how did it get in there." Mello said while watching his prince and princess sleeping forms. Their small bodies lay close together, foreheads touching just a little, while tiny hands hold each other. "I'm sorry, but you two do look very cute in that picture" Rose shyly said with a small blush.

Grey eyes widen before going back to emotionless. The picture he held onto was of the more dangerous side of the girl he had loved. He was going to have to ask his rival about this. "Why do you have an oddly attractive yet intimidating picture of My lady?"