Memories

I can't believe L tried to get me and Near to work as a team again. Saying that we should replace him. How could he even think of something like that. I wouldn't care if it was Matt and I. But come on fuckin' Near? Bloody hell L bloody hell! 

As I walk around the city, I ran into someone I haven't seen in years. It was that brown skin girl, Nate's friend. Now I've never cared about her at all. Any friend of that damn cloud head, toy loving creep is no friend of mines, besides Matt, because he was my friend first.

So when I saw the girl I paid no real attention. That is until I noticed whom she was with. It was one of the lackey's of the local mafia around here. I was currently working my way up their ranks. They let me join once I brought in the head of some loser that was trying to move in on their turf. Now I'm not fully at the top yet, that will take time. And I have a lot of time. At the moment they have me looking for the person that's been taking out their guys. I'm use to this kind of work, thanks to all the things they taught us at the orphanage.

I had little to no information to go off of. So I figured I'd ask the lackey, he is right here. Getting a little closer to the two without being seen, I heard part of their conversion. 

*"You know, you should just tell that old woman to hand over the deed or sale out, like everyone else around here has. There's no need for you guys to suffer like this. I'm only warning you because you've helped my baby sister out in the past. But the boss really wants this shop. If he doesn't get it soon. He'll burn the place down, wit all of you in it. I've gotta go. Just keep what I said in mind and get the old lady to sale or get the hell outta dodge."*

How interesting, maybe I can use this to my advantage. Once they're both gone I go about my business and quickly find out that the guy whom tried to move into the area. Was the little brother of a local gang leader. With ease my team of misfits takes him out and we bring back his head as well. I ask the boss about the bakery and since he trusts me a bit more now. He sends me out to see what I can do. However if I fail to get the owner to sale, I'm to burn the place down. I've only got three weeks to make something happen.

For the next three weeks I force myself to interact with the female. I talk, she listens and replies using notes. Not once have I heard her say anything to anyone. Even the few times she came around before we left to go back to wammy's house. This note passing shit is starting to annoy me greatly. By the middle of the third week, I finally get her grandmother to agree to sale the shop. Telling the older woman how she could use the money to send her granddaughter to the finest cooking and baking schools in England or France for close to nothing. This seems to please the old bat.

Reporting back to the boss, he's pleased to know that I've gotten yet another job done. However his right hand man, isn't to happy about it. The big oaf tells me that he's in charge as we leave to drop off the money. I simply ignore the git and get out the car once we get to the shop. Something is off though. The lights are all on and there seems to be no one around. "Get going blondie. We don't have all day" I don't like this at all. 

Taking a step forward the first thing I notice is the smell. It's gas, it burns my nose slightly. The oaf takes a step back and leans against the car. Not wanting to go in, but knowing I have to. I cautiously walk up to the building and look around before going in. "Anyone here?" I call out. The smell of gas isn't coming from inside, but I still smell it. As I turn around I'm pushed hard into a corner and everything turns black.

Zia's P.O.V

I can't believe that Grandma wants to sale the shop to these assclowns. I know she says it's to get me out of here but still. There is nothing at some fancy school aboard that I can't learn from watching her. But I can understand why she wants me to leave. After mum died things have been crazy and grandma has been very scared for my safety as well. With the amounts of fights I get in, I have more then my share of enemies. And of course I don't want to cause any problems for Granny, she is getting up there in years and is the only family I truly have left. Maybe it is better if I leave. Besides Mello said I could go to England. That's where Near is at the moment. It would be nice to see my first, well second real friend again.