Checkmate.

I actually started on this one back in 2018. I am just now getting around to finishing it. That's kinda sad, however, it happens when one loses interest in writing or no longer have muses. I was going to switch up my writing style so that I no longer use *....* for things. Buttttttttttttttt, I was told that the style was fine. A lot of people like knowing that *....* = sounds and some actions that are happening at the same time. Either in the background or something. Anyways time to start the story!

She was always teasing him. No matter what he did, she found a way to make it sexual and awkward for the young man. As children, it wasn't as bad, but now with them both in their late teens, things had changed. No longer could Light hold back. The brunet knew that soon he'd explode. If he had to put up with Koneko's teasing anymore. This girl needed to be taught a lesson. And who better to teach than him, her best friend.

Or at least that was what Yagami thought until the day the trio met face to face. The young male had not expected to run into his current 'girlfriend', Hideki Ryuga or Lee, all at the same time and in the same place at that. First, the fine chestnut color haired man ran into the simply dressed raven-haired one. Shortly afterward they ran into Amane or it could be said that Misa ran into them. Drawing a huge crowd of people.

Now it was a little known fact that the ginger hated crowds and loud annoying people. So when her peaceful nap was disturbed by this crowd of annoying fuck boys and girls. The cocoa skin girl was not happy. Letting out a small yawn, the girl that was napping in a tree carefully jumped down. Landing behind the crowd, she grabbed her backpack and was about to head off until someone called her name.

"Koneko is that you?" Called out an all too familiar voice, which was ignored for a second or two as the young lady continued to walk away from the crowd, slowly turns around, only to have her face meet with Light's chest. "What are you doing here? You don't have any classes today." Inquired the well dressed, preppy boy.

"I was just waiting for my favorite caramel eyed boy toy to show up." Came the soft voice of this catlike creature. "Then I found a nice shady spot in that tree over there." Pointing at a heavily shaded Zelkova Serrata tree, she kept speaking gently. "And ended up taking a nap." A slight pause was given before the girl spoke again. "That is until some loud mouth showed up. I don't know what a Misa Misa is, but it sounds annoying."

"Who are you and why are you talking to MY LIGHT!" Yelled a blonde tresses female, whose hair was up in pigtails. She was around five feet with a petite frame, brown eyes, that were currently narrowed as Amane glared at the slightly taller woman. The jealous female latched onto her boyfriend's arm while waiting for an answer. Which never came.

"Did you forget what I said Light? You know what I'll do if I see you with another girl. ANY GIRL", growled out the smaller female dangerously. A barely audible sigh escaped soft brown lips, nimble fingers reached up to rub away the tension building in their owner's temples. After a few seconds, the scarlet, multi-streaked haired individual reached into her bag and took out a cupcake. "Here eat this. It will keep your mouth busy so I won't have to hear that annoying voice of yours. I'm not sure what your day job is, but please never try becoming a singer. You'll fail horribly."

"I don't eat cake! It makes you fat. Something you'd know all about huh. Are you wearing that ugly hoodie to hide how fat you are!" Amane had countered with a smug childish attitude.

"People aren't fat. They have fat, but they are not fat. This is basic knowledge. Yagami-san, I didn't know you were into idiots." Sighing again, the ginger shook those long locks that flowed down her shoulders freely. "Maybe that's why we could never be together."