Savior

She was his Savor, his light in the Darkness, the warmth from the cold, she was his everything. He loved her dearly. That's why it was so hard for him to sit back and watch as his beloved talked with another man. Laughing at his jokes and wiped crumbs from his face. However nothing hurt as much as the moment he notice a small strawberry blond child run up and wrap his small arms around his beloved neck and kiss her cheek. That must be their child, not mine, she had moved on.

As the male watched he noticed a few things about the child. Like his hair, it was shoulder-length much like his own. oddly enough the child was dressed in all black. The scarlet haired woman smiled at her child and kissed his nose lovingly before going into a cooler and bringing out a small carton of chocolate milk.

Wait chocolate......blond hair....if only he could see the boy's eyes. Slowly the child turned his head, his eyes shining bright and happy were mostly blue and silver with spots of gold. That child looked just like........

Mihael you reckless idiot! Why didn't you plan this out a bit more? Now look at you. Cold, wet, alone and very hungry. What I wouldn't give for some chocolate right now. The boy mumbled to himself as he made his way through the snow covered streets.

If he didn't find shelter soon he'd die. Shivering as he continued to walk until his feet refused to move. The blond haired male slumped down in a filthy alley, arms wrapped around himself as he looked around. I've seem to have lost my way. It's way to cold and I'm just to damn tired.

A hand reached out to the boy and gently touched his shoulder. He shrugged that hand off with a growl. Again the hand touched his shoulder and again he shrugged it off. Attempting once again to get the boy's attention the hand reach for the boy only this time the hand was bony and smelt of death. This made Mello snap open his eyes and slap that hand away.

Startled by the hand the boy gets to his feet and looks at it's owner. It's eyes are bulged, one is hanging from the socket, the jaw is unhinged, flesh is peeling and dripping off in random places to the point were the bone could be seen. It's tongue wriggles and flops around as acid like saliva drips slowly from it. There are worms and what seems to be patches of black hair coming from it's head. The creature is slightly hunched over.

Mello could only stand there in shock as he took in the thing in front of him. It had a very old dirty shirt on that might have been white once. Jeans just as dirty and loose which were blue. The one eye he could see clearly, looked familiar. It was dark almost black, just like his mentor. Again the hand reaches out for the boy, this time however it pointed towards the end of the alley.

Then placed it's bony finger to it's unhinged mouth and nodded. Stepping back it headed to the back of the alley, which looked to be a dead end. Every other fiber of Mihael's being screamed for him to run away and never look back. Yet his curious mind wanted to follow this zombified L. If death was indeed coming for him at least it had picked the right person to trick him with. However it would have been better if the person had been less zombie and more human.

My mind is playing tricks on me. I'm losing my grip here. He thought as he followed just far enough to stay out of it's reach yet close enough to not lose it. Reaching the end of the alley, the creature turned to him slightly and nodded towards a well hidden door before knocking three times. *KNOCK......KNOCK......KNOCK* The thing then disappeared and reappeared behind Mello, pushing him hard making him stumble forward.

He turned around about to yell at the creature until the smell of melted chocolate and baked goods hit his nose. Sniffing and shivering he turns and is greeted by no one at all. The door was open but no one was there. The boy was unsure if he should go in or not, that is until he felt the icy touch of death creeping up his back. Eyes widen and he tries to look behind himself, only to feel his back being pushed again.