Time to get up.

On a backdrop of pure white is a splash of colors, all clashing together to create something beautiful, wonderful. Red wine, sunflower yellow, moon pale white, onyx, all flowing together, twisting and fanning, like a waterfall of color that adorned soft brown features. Even with her eyes, he can still see them. So rich and pure, especially when they peered into his own azure hues. Gold and silver fought for dominance while midnight blue crept into the mix, making her that much more unique. He didn't need to see them to know the bliss and passion that was shone within them.

 Nimble digits were lost within a forest of luscious flaxen trees. While fair fingers crept over mountains, in between a soft valley before slipping pass small plush mounds then downwards, making the trip multiple times. White chocolate entwined with cocoa, blending to make an interesting concoction. It rains, pours, drenching the land, overflowing and spilling over the brim until there is nothing else left but an onslaught of watery bliss.

"M-Mello..." the way she said his name was torturously sweet. Even as she laid there simply resting, he was on her mind. This made a certain man smirk, Near might have beaten him at almost everything else. But when it came to lust-filled love, he had won. Near had become L's successor and that was a blow to the blond's ego, his pride. But his short rival didn't get everything that had once been L's. No, there was one piece that the cloud base detective failed to commandeer. The one thing that even their mentor hadn't been able to fully hold onto.

For she slipped through of their fingers just like fine sand. They didn't understand, how could they, both males failed to express emotions, while she was pure, raw emotion, a whirlwind of passion, pain, pleasures, angst, all things, both good and bad. Yet, he knew, for he was much the same. Fiery, untamed, unchained, destructional. 

So when the two were put together things could get chaotic or tranquil depending on which raging flames needed to be drenched. A touch, glance, call, something sweet taken, would work for one. The other would need more, depths invaded, mind chained, distracted, rapidly, repeatedly until the inferno became nothing more than smoldering ashes. 

The Queen is the best piece on the board, for it can move more paces and spaces than its counterpart, The King. Keeping her happy keeps him safe, making her happy makes them both happy.

Lips, smoother than oil, connect to ones that won't kiss back, soft and sweet, they're breathless. A morning kiss to start the day, short, no, never, lingering until fingers lose themselves in tresses once more. Until a name is called, loud or soft, matters not, as long as it's called from oh so tempting lips. From the one that made him number one, made him a king. 

Bated...Bated that breath was until...

"Mmm, Mello..."

"It's time to get up, My Queen."

493 words, just something that kept replaying in my mind, a drabble, I support. I don't own the picture used, the artist is linked on the picture itself.