33 - I DO

Five Months Later

-

Alora Lin

"Fuck, I can't do this," I let out a shaky breath, toying around with the hem of my veil.

"Yes, you can," Padma encouraged, walking up in between me and the full length mirror. "You've been dreaming about this day for ages. You're ready for it."

I rested the palm of my hand on my chest to try and calm my pounding heart, "B-But I don't feel like I'm ready. I mean, I still don't have a job, I don't feel mature enough to do adult things, I–"

"This is just the wedding day nerves talking, love," my best friend smiled at me, rubbing my arms comfortingly. "You've been in love with Draco since you were eighteen. Both of you are more than ready for this."

A ragged sigh escaped my lips as I nodded my head and closed my eyes.

So much has happened in the past five months. 

I moved into Malfoy Manor, I threw a Bachelorette party, and I was running countless errands everyday to plan for the wedding all while Draco was busy traveling around the continent playing Quidditch.

The Magpies have been doing so well. I was able to attend some of Draco's matches and support him from the stands, but his busy schedule also meant that I had to do most of the cake tasting and wedding venue decorations on my own.

We were getting married at this beautiful lakeside venue in Switzerland with a view of the mountains. All of our family and friends were attending, so it was going to be a big wedding.

I had just finished getting my hair and makeup done and slipped on my wedding dress. The top half of my dress had an intricate lace pattern, while the skirt portion of the dress was made of a silky smooth fabric that carried a long train. I was wearing my hair down, and the stylist had curled it into beautiful beach waves. Topping it all off with a tiara and white veil, I had never felt more beautiful.

"Draco's gonna get blue balls when he sees you–"

"Padma!" I threw a look at her, giggling into my hand as she laughed along.

"Kidding, kidding," she gestured teasingly. She cleared her throat and lowered her voice, "Not really."

I threw my head back in laughter, taking her hand in mine as we headed out of my dressing room and towards the area where everyone sat waiting.

It was a relatively chilly day in the fall, but the bright sun beating down warmed our backs as we made our way outside. Seats were lined up on the lawn area beside the lake, and chatter filled my ears while my eyes adjusted to all the guests that now populated the venue.

I gulped, still hidden from their view since I was standing a few meters away behind some tall bushes.

"You ready, princess?" my father soon appeared with Dobby and Lottie trailing behind him.

I nodded anxiously, "I-I guess."

"Don't be nervous, my dear," Lottie gazed up at me with wondrous eyes. "Dobby and I have been shipping you and Draco for as long as I can remember."

I scrunched up my eyebrows, giving Padma a look upon hearing Lottie use the term "shipping." Padma quietly snorted while I bent down to be at eye level with Lottie. "Thank you, Lottie. I really appreciate all that you've done for me."

Lottie's chin started trembling. She sniffled, causing Dobby to scramble for his handkerchief and hand it to her. Lottie gladly took it, wiping away her tears and blowing her nose. "Oh! Mistress Lin is too kind. What did I ever do to deserve you as my mistress."