36 - BUILT FOR SIN

Nine Months Later

"Argh!" I screamed. "Fuck me!"

"Not now, darling. Maybe some other time."

Draco's smirk faltered when the Healers surrounding my hospital bed narrowed their eyes at him. He softly chuckled out of embarrassment before clearing his throat and grabbing my hand, avoiding everyone's gaze.

Normally, I would have cracked a smile, but the splitting pain I was experiencing between my thighs prevented me from showing any emotion other than agony.

My mother, who is a Healer at St. Mungo's, stood at the foot of the bed. She blinked rapidly, darting her eyes between me and Draco before shaking her head. "I'm going to pretend like I didn't hear that."

A faint blush painted Draco's cheeks.

"Keep pushing, Alora," another Healer spoke. "You're almost there."

"I can't," I cried out, tears staining my cheeks.

My baby hairs were sticking to my forehead from all the perspiration, and my chest was heaving uncontrollably. One of my hands was firmly gripping onto the side of the bed, while the other was in Draco's grasp. Sometimes, I squeezed his hand so hard that I worried it might break a bone, but Draco never complained. He'd continue brushing my hair out of my face and whispering in my ear that everything would be okay.

"It hurts too much," I sobbed. "I can't take it."

"It looks like the spell is wearing off," one of the Healers muttered. "Cast it again."

In my periphery, I noticed someone taking out their wand and pointing it at my pregnant belly. They uttered some incantation that I wasn't familiar with, and I felt the pain begin to subside following the spell.

"Now, take a deep breath, Alora," my mother encouraged me. She was standing right in front of my legs, ready for the arrival of my newborn. "Five minutes of pain for a lifetime of happiness."

"I-Isn't that from Jane the Virgin?" I questioned, scrunching my eyes shut as I tried to push as hard as I could.

"What the fuck is Jane the Virgin?" Draco furrowed his brows.

"It's a... a Muggle TV show– agh! Why does it still hurt like hell?"

"The spell can only take away part of the pain–not all of it," the Healer beside my mother declared. "Please, Alora, you have to keep trying."

"O-Okay," I stuttered, sucking a sharp breath and closing my eyes.

I felt Draco plant a soft kiss on my forehead before leaning his forehead against mine and whispering against my lips. "Do it for us, darling."

I nodded my head, swallowing harshly and letting out a shaky breath. His hot breath fanned my lips for a few more moments before he pulled away and I was back to looking down at my parted legs.

I pushed and pushed. I was honestly worried that I'd end up pooping myself, but the Healers told me not to worry since they've seen it all.

"I see the baby's head!" my mother cheered, positioning her hands in between my legs. "Keep going, Alora. You're doing great."

Draco's lips curled up as he tried to peer over my knees to get a glimpse of our baby, but he wasn't able to get a good look because my tight grip on his hand kept him close by my side.

I let out a raspy scream, scrunching up my face as I continued to push.

My eyes flew open when I heard high-pitched cries come from in between my legs.