23 - IT'S COMPLICATED

MATURE CONTENT WARNING SORTA

-

Dear Alora,

The past week has been awful.

Tomorrow is Astoria's funeral, and I've used up nearly all of the parchment rolls in my house trying to write a eulogy for her. No matter how many drafts I write, none of them do her justice... None of them will be able to undo what I did to her.

I can't believe it took her dying for me to realize how much of an awful person I was to her. I've been helping organize the funeral, so I hope it runs smoothly. It's the least I could do at this point.

The guilt has been eating me away. I've been crying myself to sleep every night. For fuck's sake, I don't know why her death is affecting me so much. I wasn't even truly in love with her, but I did care about her. She had been there for me these past two years, giving me company and helping me through hardships. Yet I wasn't there for her when she needed me the most, and I think that's what's keeping me up at night.

I'll write to you again after the funeral. Thank you for helping me through this.

- DM

I folded up Draco's letter, tucking it in the far back corner of my undergarments drawer along with the rest of his letters. It was a strange place to store them, but that would minimize Theo's chances of finding them.

After sitting down at my desk, I rolled out a piece of parchment and dipped my quill in a small bottle of ink. I was about to start writing when I heard footsteps approaching.

I scrambled to roll the piece of parchment back up and rested the quill on the table, getting up from the chair just as Theo appeared at the door. 

"Ready for bed, sweetheart?" he grinned, closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, I was just organizing my desk," I smiled back, pushing my chair in.

I strolled into the bathroom to wash my face and do my usual nighttime skincare routine before bed.

I had just finished putting on lotion when I felt Theo's strong hands slither around my waist. He wrapped his arms tightly around me, digging his face into my neck and gently pecking my soft skin. "You smell amazing," he hummed.

"Thank you," I tilted my head, beaming at him through the mirror. "It's the new toner I've been using."

"I have no idea what that means," he mumbled into my shoulder.

I laughed, turning off the bathroom light before grabbing his hand and guiding him towards the bed. He stumbled grudgingly behind me, whining in the process.

"What's wrong?" I tittered, glancing over my shoulder at him.

"What's the rush?" he smirked, gripping my hips and pulling me into his chest. I was wearing one of his oversized t-shirts with no bra underneath. He slowly slid one of his hands up my chest, grazing my hardened nipple before tangling his fingers in my hair. He leaned down, hovering his lips over my ear and fanning his hot breath all over my neck. "Let me fuck you to sleep," he whispered.

Shivers ran down my spine.

Theo began nibbling on my earlobe and kissing behind my ear, causing me to tilt my head back and let out a guttural moan.

I had been refusing to have sex with him all week. It wasn't because I wasn't horny because–trust me-I was. 

Rather, I refused to give into my temptations because I needed to tell him about Draco. I'd been pushing it off all week because I couldn't muster the courage. But one week will soon turn into one month, and if I push it off any longer, we'll be married by the time I decide to tell him that I was cheating on him.

"Please, darling," he whispered, kissing along my collarbone and up my neck. "I miss being inside you."

I let out a breathy laugh, rolling my eyes into the back of my head when he bit down and sucked on my pulse point. "Theo, I'm tired."

"Then lay down," he smirked, pulling away to look me in the eyes. "I'll do all the work."

He pushed me forcefully, causing me to fall back onto our bed. I gaped at him, watching him take off his shirt by pulling it over his head with one hand. He kept his eyes on me, crawling onto the bed and resting his forearms on either side of my head.

He pecked me on the lips before leaving a trail of kisses down my neck. I bit my lip to suppress the giggle that was threatening to come out as a result of his scruffy facial hair scratching my skin.

"What's so funny?" the corner of his lips turned up as he pushed himself up to gaze at me.

"Nothing, it just tickles."

He laughed, licking his lips and leaving a few more kisses at the base of my neck before inching lower. His hands snuck underneath my shirt, roaming all over my chest and groping my breasts. I moaned and arched my back, finding it hard to resist him the farther he went.

Theo's lips grazed my belly while he started tugging on my pajama shorts. He removed them, leaving my underwear as the only thing separating his mouth from my clit.

"Do you still want me to stop?" he finally broke his gaze from my entrance to look up at me.

My voice caught in my throat. Before I could thoroughly think it through, I shook my head no.

Theo bit his lip, taking the hem of my underwear between his fingers and ripping it in half.

"What the fuck?" I sat up on my elbows and glared down at him.

"Don't worry, I'll get you a new one," he winked.

My head fell back onto the mattress when he started kissing up my inner thigh. I spread my legs wide apart, digging my nails into the bedsheets and gripping onto them for dear life once his lips finally enveloped around my clit.

I whimpered, glancing down to see the top of his soft brown locks between my legs. I tangled my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer to me as I closed my eyes and let him eat me out.

I smiled to myself, loving the way he moaned against my clit... the way his tongue worked against my entrance... the way the tips of his fingers dug into my thighs so harshly that they were sure to leave marks...

"Ugh, Draco..." I moaned.

Theo froze, and my eyes widened as panic coursed through me.

"What did you just say?" he wiped his lips, sitting up on knees as he frowned down at me.

"I-I... Um..." I cleared my throat, trying to figure out how to get myself out of this one. "I said Theo."

"No, you didn't," he spat, getting off the bed. "You said 'Draco.'"

"Babe, you probably just misheard–"

"Don't lie to me," he seethed, putting his shirt back on before throwing on a sweatshirt. "I know what came out of your mouth, and it definitely wasn't my name."

I hurried off of the bed, stepping in front of the door before he could leave, "Don't go. Look, can we please talk about this?"

"There's nothing to talk about. You were thinking about another man while I was eating you out. I don't need you to explain to me what that means." He reached for the doorknob, opening the door and pushing me out of the way.

"No, Theo, it's so much more complicated than that. Please, just hear out–"

He stopped in his tracks, glaring over his shoulder at me, "Work is already so stressful as it is. I don't need any more problems at home."

Before I could defend myself, Theo was already storming down the hallway.

"Where are you going?" I called after him. "Just sleep on the bed, and I'll sleep in the guest room. We can talk about this tomorrow."

He stopped at the top of the stairs with his back facing me, "I'm not sleeping under the same roof as you tonight."

He didn't bother glancing back. His frantic footsteps echoed throughout the manor as he raced down the staircase and out the door.