16 - MR. NOTT

idk if people are into role playing or not - if you are, then I hope you'll like this chapter :) if you don't, then feel free to skip lol

MATURE CONTENT WARNING

-

Alora Lin

"Alora, dear, I still don't understand why you quit your job at the Ministry," my mother exclaimed, handing me a drink.

"Because, mom, the people I was working with were..." I lowered my voice, leaning in towards her ear. "Straight up snobs."

"You're not talking about me, I hope," my father stated, walking up to us as he placed a hand on my mother's back and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Well, you should think about finding a job soon," my mother continued. "Have you ever considered being a Healer at St. Mungo's with me?"

"I've considered it," I pursed my lips. "But that's never gonna happen."

"Why not?"

"Honey," my dad cooed. "Have you forgotten that our daughter practically faints at the sight of blood?"

"Woah, woah," I brushed him off. "I can handle a little bit of blood, alright?"

My father squinted his eyes, giving me a skeptical look. "Are you forgetting about the time when—"

"Mr. and Mrs. Lin, it is surely great to see you."

I whirled around, meeting the cold and dark eyes of Lucius Malfoy.

"It's nice to see you as well," my father beamed, sticking out a hand for Lucius to shake. "Great to end a busy week at the Ministry with a dinner party, isn't it?"

"Couldn't agree more," Lucius smiled in a way that would surely haunt a five year old for life.

"And it's wonderful to see you too, Alora," he turned towards me, offering me a hand.

I stood still, glaring at him as I refused to shake his hand.

"Alora," my mother whispered into my ear. "Be nice."

I took a deep breath, putting on a fake smile as I quickly shook his hand and pulled away.

"Nice to see you haven't changed one bit," Lucius chuckled, eyeing me up and down.

"Oh, Cissy!" my mother cried out in joy upon seeing her friend. She walked past me and enveloped Narcissa in a hug. "I've missed you. How have you been?"

"I've been better," Narcissa exclaimed, resting her hands on my mom's upper arms. "Draco has been quite difficult lately, but what's new?"

My mother laughed, giving her a reassuring smile, "I'm sure he'll come around, whatever it is you two are disagreeing on."

"I hope he does," Narcissa sighed. "If he doesn't get engaged to Astoria soon, he'll be a lonely, sad man for the rest of his life."

I snorted into my hand, causing my father to give me a disapproving look.

"Well, I'm sure he'll propose soon," my mother said. "And even if he doesn't, I'm confident there'll be someone else out there for him."

"Who in the world would want to marry him?" Narcissa tittered. "He may be my son, but he can be a true pain in the arse—"

"Hey."

I turned around, smiling up at Theo as he leaned down to kiss me. His rested his hand on my lower back, gently rubbing his thumb back and forth as his chest warmed my back.