26 - KISS ME IN THE RAIN

Alora Lin

"One teaspoon of baking soda? What the fuck is that?"

I snorted, handing Draco the small cardboard box labeled baking soda, "You really don't spend any time in the kitchen, do you?"

He scoffed, "Why should I when I have house elves who can do everything for me?" He grabbed the measuring teaspoon and tried to force it into the little hole of the baking soda box. 

"Baking soda is an ingredient that helps the dough rise," I tried to explain.

Draco ignored my comment. He gave a look of grimace after ten seconds of trying and still not being able to get the measuring teaspoon into the opening of the baking soda container.

"Here, let me do it," I laughed, taking the tools from him and scooping out a teaspoon of baking soda without any effort.

"Show off," he pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. I giggled before he continued, "So remind me again... Why are we baking butterbeer cookies?" He placed a hand on the counter, crossing one foot over the other as he turned to look at me.

"Why not?" I reasoned, putting down the baking soda to pick up some salt. "You love cookies."

"True," he nodded. "But we could've just asked Dobby or Lottie to bake them for us. Or..." he raised his eyebrow suggestively. "We could've had them bake the cookies together–give them some alone time, if you know what I mean." Draco finished off by wiggling his eyebrows.

I threw my head back in laughter, "So you'd rather our house elves spend alone time together instead of us? Ouch, that hurts." I put my hand on my chest and feigned an upset expression.

"Oh, come on, love," he smirked. "You know that's not what I meant." He took a few steps towards me, still leaning one arm against the counter while the other snuck around my waist.

I blushed, trying to avoid eye contact with his icy blue stare as I finished mixing up all the dry ingredients.

"Let me take you out on a proper date," he remarked, sneaking his fingers underneath the hem of my shirt to rub my skin. "What do you say?"

I smiled to myself while I started mixing the dry and wet ingredients together.

"Is that a yes?" he inched forward. His stare burned into the side of my face.

I bit my lip, giggling to myself before finally finding the right words to say, "Draco, you know I'd love to, but it's only been a few weeks since Theo and I broke up and a bit over a month since Astoria passed away. Don't you think we should wait a bit longer–"

"Nope," he popped his "p."

At last, I spun my head towards him to look him in the eyes. He had an innocent, toothless grin plastered on his face, which made it all the more difficult to say no to him.

"I just want to make sure we're both ready to move on–emotionally and mentally," I stated.

"And I get that," he removed the whisk from my grasp and held onto the two of my hands. "But I've been waiting for us to get back together ever since we broke up! Astoria's death did hurt, but it wasn't because I loved her more than you." He brought one of his hands up to my face, cupping my cheek and grazing my skin with his thumb, "It's always been you, Alora. I don't need to wait another day, or month, or year to know that."

I gaped up at him, knowing that deep down, I had been wishing for this all along too. I grinned,  pulling his hand away slightly so that I could kiss his palm. "Alright then, Malfoy. Where are we going for our date?"