25 - LOVE IS LOVE

"Anthony?"

I gaped at the two men in utter shock. My eyes darted back and forth between Theo and Anthony, struggling to comprehend if this was reality or just a really messed up nightmare.

"Alora, hey..." Theo remarked, awkwardly stepping away from Anthony and angling his body towards mine.

Anthony gave me a soft smile before turning his attention to the ground. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

The silence was too loud.

None of us knew what to say.

"W-What are you doing here?" Theo asked.

I gazed into my ex-fiancé's eyes, feeling rage course through me, "I just wanted to drop off some dinner for you. I figured you'd be 'working late' like you always are." I used my fingers to make air quotes before crossing my arms across my chest and narrowing my eyes at him.

He visibly gulped, staring at me guiltily as his face turned a light shade of red.

"Um..." Anthony glanced between us, feeling uncomfortable with all this tension. "I'll let you two talk this out."

He strolled across the room, keeping his gaze on the floor while he walked past me and out the door. Once Anthony had shut the door behind him, my full attention was back on Theo.

"Did he know?" I pointed out towards the hallway.

"Know what?" Theo furrowed his eyebrows.

"Did Anthony know that we were together?"

Theo's jaw started trembling ever so slightly. He was fumbling with his fingers when he replied, "Eventually, he did. B-But please don't blame him for this. He kept pressuring me to tell you soon because he knew how badly you've been treated in the past."

I scoffed, "How considerate of him." My chest was heaving and my fists were clenched as I glared at the person I had originally planned to exchange vows with the following month. "Were you ever going to tell me?" I continued.

Theo's expression gradually went from guilty to irritated, "I don't think you have a right to lecture me about this when you've been doing the exact same thing with Malfoy."

I relaxed my scrunched up forehead upon the reminder that I was equally at fault too, "I'm sorry, you're right."

I anxiously nibbled on my cheek before hesitantly walking over to his desk and putting my engagement ring down, "Here. You can have this back."

His hands were in his pockets as he gazed mindlessly at the expensive piece of jewelry sitting atop the table. His eyes wavered, and I could tell that he was holding back tears. "I'm sorry," he choked out. "This wasn't how I wanted it to end."

"Me neither," I replied, feeling my own eyes brimming with tears upon seeing Theo in this state.

"I-I didn't think I was into guys," he let out a soft chuckle to try and lighten the mood. "But then I met Anthony at a Magpies match a couple months back, and I don't know... I started getting aroused when–"

"Woah," I put up a hand, unable to stop myself from breaking out into a smile. "I don't need all the details."

"Right, sorry," he tittered, taking a pause before looking me in the eyes. "I love you, Alora. I really do. But I also love Anthony... and I think the kind of love that he and I share is different, but it's something that I want to explore more."