20 - MAGPIES

SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT WARNING HEHE

-

Alora Lin

"Malfoy has caught the Snitch! The Montrose Magpies have won, declaring them the British and Irish Quidditch League Cup champions!"

Cheers erupted in the crowd as everyone on our side of the stadium began chanting for the Magpies. The Magpies' team colors of black and white decorated the stands, and fans frantically waved their Magpies flags and banners from side to side.

Theo pumped a fist in the air, joining in on the cheers before smiling down at me and placing a loving kiss on my forehead. I clapped along with the Ministry officials in the Minister's box, watching the Magpies' Seeker zoom from one end of the stadium to the other–a ridiculously handsome smile plastered on his face.

"Come on, love," Theo whispered in my ear. "The Minister said we could drop by the locker room to meet the whole team."

The smile on my face dropped, "Wait what?"

"Let's go!"

Theo intertwined our fingers, following behind a few of his coworkers as we descended a private staircase that led directly to the locker rooms.

"Do we really have to meet the Magpies?" I chuckled. "We went to school with, like, half of them."

"Darling," he beamed down at me. "Just let me fangirl for a bit, alright?"

I nervously laughed along, following him into the locker room as we waited for the Magpies to enter.

It's fine. Everything's going to be fine, I told myself. Just pretend like you hate Draco's guts, and Theo won't suspect a thing.

The distant cheers suddenly erupted in volume when the door to the locker room swung open and the Montrose Magpies marched in. The Minister of Magic walked up to the team, showering them with handshakes, hugs, and heartfelt congratulations.

"What is this? The 33rd time the Magpies have won the League Cup? Absolutely incredible! Celebration at my manor. Everyone is welcome!"

Theo and the other Ministry employees cheered on as the Magpies set down their Quidditch equipment and began making their way around the room, thanking everyone for their support. 

"I'm going to go meet the Chasers," Theo exclaimed. "You wanna come?"

I glanced in the direction of his pointed finger, spotting the three Magpies Chasers standing in the corner of the room. They were happily chatting with one another, patting each other on the back for their job well done.

My eyes focused in on the Chaser in the middle, who looked oddly familiar. I had seen him out on the field, but he never flew close enough for me to take a close look at his facial features.

I squinted my eyes, letting out an involuntary gasp when it finally clicked.

Anthony.

His hair was styled differently, he had grown out a scruffy beard, and he had become so muscular to the point where he was barely recognizable.

"Oh my gosh," I spun around before I could accidentally make eye contact with him.

"What?" Theo looked at me innocently.

"I-It's nothing," I stuttered, racking my brain for a lie. "I think I just got my period. You go ahead."

"Alright," he laughed, kissing me on the cheek before heading over to the Chasers.

I began walking in the opposite direction, ensuring that my hair was shielding my face from both of my exes in this room.

"Well, that was smooth."