5. Cleo and Joy

It was a week after they met in the shop.

Arabella visited her parents in London for a few days and got back the morning before she had to go back to work.

It frustrated her that the break was a mere week long, but she was more than excited to get back to work. Although she was a bit stressed for it, she was working hard and fast in preparing work for her children.

She now stood in front of the large fax machine in her apartment building's office. Alice, the front desk lady was sat next to her, sipping on a cup of coffee. She was in charge of holding onto apartment keys whenever someone would be gone for more than two weeks, and she was in charge of making sure everything was in order.

She wasn't the landlord per say, but she did act like it. Arabella had fished out twenty pound from her pockets to give to Alice so she could use the fax machine. She was brewing with annoyance at the old woman, sparing her a quick glare whenever she could.

She was printing a few Italian and English work sheets, along with a few poems and phrases she intended on teaching her grade.

The fax machine stilled, telling her it was done. She took the papers gently, shooting Alice a tight-lipped smile before she made her way back to her apartment.

Just as she opened the door, her phone buzzed in her Jean pocket. She fished it out, muttering profanities as she struggled. She finally got it, blowing strands of hair from her face.

"Arabella speaking,"

"Good morning, Miss Jones."

She sighed, ignoring how Giovanni's voice made her chest burn. "Good morning. To what do I owe this call?"

"I just wanted to ask if you're getting ready for tomorrow's classes,"

"I am. Have you called the other teachers aswell?"

"No, just you. What are you planning for their lesson tomorrow?" He asked. She opened the door to her apartment with her elbow, practically falling into the room. "Just a few short sentences in Italian and they're going to write a letter of whatever they want and to whoever they want."

"Lovely. See you tomorrow, doll."

The girl's stomach erupted with butterflies and she dropped the papers on her kitchen island after wiping it down. She sat in one of the barstools then, writing a few notes and fixing a few things as she hummed to herself, petting her Sphinx cat with her right hand.

Marcus was at work and Joy and Cleo were in her room, fast asleep. They had come over at six in the morning, the exact time Marcus left for work. They were drunk out of their minds and they plopped down next to her in the bed, so one could imagine her surprise at seei g her two bestfriends in her bed.

It was eleven thirty now and Arabella's stomach grumbled loudly. She decided to wake up the two people in her bed. She slugged over to her room, opening the door gently. Joy was splayed all over her bed, their jeans still on along with their boots.

Arabella always envied Cleo on her ability to look like a goddess while she slept. Big, curly hair framed her face as she lay in the white covers, her navy blue band shirt covering her shoulders only.

"Cleo," She whispered, shaking her gently. She called her name again, and then she gave up. She moved to Joy, shaking them lightly.

"Joy, wake up," She whispered, poking their cheek. Joy then stirred, groaning as they covered their face with the pillow.

"It's lunchtime, babe, come on," Arabella smiled, pulling the cover out of their grasp. They peered their eyes open, "Leave me alone,"

"Aren't you hungry? I'll order pizza," Arabella whispered, moving a fallen piece of her from their face. Joy's eyes opened and they nodded quickly, "Great! Can you wake Cleo up, please?"