19. Marcus.

tw: violence.

__________________________________________________

Silence consumed Arabella as she plopped down on her couch, the day had its way with her and she was completely exhausted.

She closed her eyes and Salem immediately jumped up on her stomach, making himself comfortable on her. She rubbed his head gently as she stared at the white ceiling.

She hadn't heard anything from Giovanni in two weeks. He didn't see him, and she tried her best not to think of him. She failed once she saw the chair he once sat at next to the door in her classroom.

She had to stop herself from calling him every now and then. She thought long and hard about the information she received from Catherine that night. She did her research and found nothing on the group or on Giovanni. She was completely left in the dark, and she only knew about the supposed assassinations he carried out, but that was it.

She knew she had to talk to him eventually, but she made a point to wait u till he contacted her first.

She missed him, she had realised after not seeing him for two days. She ranted and vented to Joy and Cleo but they merely just looked at her like they knew something she didn't.

She was snapped from her daydream by her front door swinging open. She shot up in surprise, but upon seeing Marcus, she sighed, leaning back against the couch.

"Hello," She smiled. He slurred something, stumbling slightly. She frowned, looking at the clock on her bookshelf. "Are you drunk at two-thirty in the afternoon?" She snickered, gently picking Salem up from her lap.

He rolled his eyes, shrugging his coat off. "The boys took me out for my birthday,"

She smiled tight-lipped. Marcus was twenty now, and she didn't waste any time in teasing him about their small age gap. Marcus walked to their kitchen, taking the vodka bottle from her fridge and a glass from the cupboard.

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to drink more, Marc," She said, standing and making her way over to him.

"Jesus, stop being so fucking controlling, Arabella." He muttered, taking a big gulp from the glass and making a face. She rolled her eyes, standing across from him, the kitchen island between them.

"I'm not trying to control you, I'm just telling you that the hangover you'll have tomorrow won't be pleasant,"

He tsked, "Don't worry about me, darling. Worry about you and that cunt you keep seeing,"

Arabella sighed. Marcus hadn't stopped talking about Giovanni the moment he finally remembered his name. He would say snarky, hurtful things whenever he could. To which Arabella's ears flooding with anger and she clenched her fists, but not a word left her mouth.

But today was not that day.

"There's nothing between me and him, Marcus. I've told you already,"

He narrowed his eyes, his jaw ticking, "You're a horrible fucking liar,"

She raised her brows, "No, I'm not. And you and I both know it," She hummed. Marcus grew rigid, taking short, quick steps towards her. "You watch how you speak to me, Arabella. Remember, you'd be nowhere without me. I got you the job at the school—"

"Go fuck yourself, Marcus." She spat darkly, looking up at him. The man's eyes widened and before she could even act, his hand swung back and it collided with her cheek, pulling a sharp gasp from her lips as her head snapped to her left.

It was then that the voice in her head spoke and for the first time in a while, she listened to it. Arabella's body grew instantly warm and she straightened her back, angry tears building in her eyes.