epilogue.

Three years later.

It is known that Giovanni Armani cannot stay one day without calling Arabella from his office.

So as Arabella prepared lunch for everyone, she heard her phone ring from her pocket. She slid her finger over the screen, holding it between her shoulder and ear.

"Hi!"

"Hello, my love. How are we?"

"Good! Just making lunch,"

"How are the kids?" He asked, his smile clear in his voice. She smiled, "They're playing outside. Massimo woke up this morning and asked for you,"

"My god, how adorable. I hate leaving so early,"

Arabella laughed softly, taking the plates in her hands before putting them on the island, making her way through the backdoor to the garden.

"Lunch!" She yelled. Two short and brown-skinned children dashed towards her, slipping past her into the house. "Hands," She said, her voice stern.

They washed their hands, finding their seats on the barstools, smiling at her. "Mama, who are you talking to?" Juliette asked before stuffing her mouth full with bread. Arabella smiled at her daughter, "Papa, you want to say hi?"

"Hi, papa!" They yelled in unision. They were shot back a deep, rough laugh, "Hello, my loves. I hope you aren't giving your mother too much stress," He teased. Arabella hummed, making a face at her kids before she turned, cleaning the counters.

"I'll be home early tonight, doll."

"Lovely, see you."

"I love you," The man said, "I love you more," Arabella replied, ending the call. She turned back to the little people, watching as the brown haired girl pinched her brother, pulling a whine from him before he looked up at Arabella, a deep pout on his face.

"I'm home!"

Arabella came out from the bathroom, hair tied behind her head. She smiled, "Hello, husband," She flirted, swinging her arms around his neck, pressing a kiss against his cheek. He smiled, hugging her tightly, "Hello, wife. How was your teaching?"

"Average, missed you,"

He nodded, releasing her. "Forgive me, the company has been low on imports, late nights and early mornings are inevitable,"

She smiled, nodding understandably. "We have to buy tickets to Birmingham. Cleo and Joy's wedding is next month, remember," She said, watching as the man pulled the tie from his neck, "I'll make a note of it,"

She watched as he took a seat at the island, a few grey hairs in his beard, and his hair. He wore his usual rings, but the gold, shiny wedding band on his finger never faltered to make her grin widely.

They finished dinner, and Giovanni put his children to bed, had a few words with their sperm donor before they showered. They laughed in hushed voices so as to not wake their children, and they cleaned the kitchen together and soon, they retreated to their bedroom.

As always, Arabella and Giovanni's hands couldn't stay at bay, and Giovanni's clamped around Arabella's to silence her whines and gasps, and the silk enveloped them as they lay next to each other, rambling on about the futile details about their life.

And as they held eachother, the sun whispered: "I love you more," And the earth replied, "I love you,"

They fell asleep with the Italian air coming through their opened window, and the sea roared next to their house, and for the last time, all was well within the Armani household.