15. Tesoro. *

Arabella sat at her desk. The sun was gleaming brightly into her bedroom and her silk robe was tight around her as her white painted nails typed on her laptop keyboard.

She didn't have classes today since it was a public holiday, so she spent the early hours of the morning answering a few emails and finishing up a few worksheets.

Memories from last night were held at the back of her head and she tried her best to ignore them, but every now and then she'd remember them and her humiliation would seep into her veins again.

She realised she panicked as soon as Giovanni kissed her and she regretted her words at the moment of saying them, but she was glad Giovanni didn't protest or question her, and merely let her go.

She couldn't look Marcus in the eye when he got home and she pretended to be asleep. He didn't attempt to wake her, he merely sighed and went into the bathroom, washing the days work off of him.

Her heart had longed for Giovanni the moment she left him. She wanted to see him again. She wanted him to smirk at her and to smile at her and to call her boring, no matter how much it annoyed her. But she knew that it was better if she left it, left him.

She sipped on the black coffee that her white, crisp mug held. Her hands were shaking slightly from it and it made her type faster, thankfully.

She finished typing up her last email and closed her laptop, putting her arms above her head as she stretched, groaning softly. She then decided to go to the gym, seeing as that was the easiest and move productive way to spend her morning.

She dressed up in a pair of light grey leggings and zipped up a cropped, tight-fitted gym jacket. She filled her water bottle with ice cold water and pressed a gentle kiss to her cats' foreheads before she made her way outside.

The sun was shining brightly for the first time that week, which was a miracle for Birmingham. She put in her earphones, and strutted down the pavement, slipping passed pedestrians and smiling at them. She was in her own little world, completely unaware of the familiar dark-haired man that walked alongside her across the street.

Giovanni's own ears blared with Metal tunes, his tight gym shirt hugging his figure, making him look godlike. His hair was brushed back neatly and he chewed on a piece of minty gym, his grey sweatpants covering his bulky thighs.

Arabella was there before him and she signed in before making her way inside. She decided to do treadmill first, warming her muscles and clearing her head, memorising her workout plan in her head as she walked, peering down at her phone.

Giovanni had the exact same thought process as Arabella. But instead of walking like her on the treadmill, Giovanni opted for running. It was the thing that cleared his mind the quickest and thankfully, he signed onto track when he was in high-school, so he was familiar with his own speed.

A voice spoke to Arabella then, telling her to look up.

When she did, she felt the world fall on her shoulders. She paled, white as paper. Giovanni was diagonal from her, to her left. She pressed the button and the treadmill slowed and she stood, completely captivated by him. Her chest burned brightly at the sight of him in all his Greek god glory.

She watched as he started slow on the treadmill, and then gradually picked up speed. His grey sweatpants did nothing to conceal the strong muscle of his thighs as he lifted his legs, taking ginormous, glorious steps. It was like he was running towards something, or rather from something.

His arms swung at his sides and his face remained stoic and cold and almost lifeless as he dashed on the treadmill, wasting no time in achieving his desired speed.