10. Raids

Giovanni was sat in his office in his apartment.

He sipped on a mug of coffee as he wrote in his notebook. He wrote things he needed to remember and things that were important to him.

He willed himself not to add her name, and thankful to his phone going off, the man's attention was swept away from his writing.

Enzo's name flashed on the screen and Giovanni looked at the watch on his wrist before he answered, "Enzo? It's two-thirty, what happened?"

"Giovanni, we've been done over,"

Like lighting, Giovanni shot up from his chair. His throat burned with a fear and anxiety and he dropped the phone on his bed as he swung open his closet, shrugging a white crew neck over his chest and putting a coat on along with that.

He grabbed the heavy revolver and in that moment, the man's ears burned as he heard the soft rumble of a cars engine, and then it came to a stop.

He tiptoed to his window, moving the curtain and peering out. A black Jeep filled to the brim with men dressed in bullet proof vests and guns in their hands stood below him.

Giovanni cursed loudly in Italian, seeing he was about to fight an army. So, he put the revolver behind his trousers and quietly made his way out of his office and skillfully ducked under windows as he made his way to his bedroom.

He locked the door behind him and swung open another closet and pulled out his large automatic machine gun, checking the ammo and then he propped himself at the window, having a perfect view of the men.

"You said he wasn't home, right?"

Americans.

Giovanni swallowed hard, his eyebrows furrowing. He had business involved drugs and weapon distribution with a few New York gangs, and he made sure that everything was in order and that the drugs were sent off at the right time, right place so he could avoid situations like these.

He dashed out of his bedroom, now standing next to his front door, the large gun held behind his back with a thick strap. He clenched his fists, his ears burned with skill and he thought of his many years of combat fighting, remembering moves and hits.

He cursed himself then, remembering that he left his front door unlocked. The handle was pushed down and Giovanni's head then went completely blank, his eyes focused and his hands shot out to the man as he walked in.

Giovanni pulled him into a chokehold, taking the machine gun from behind his back and he held the man as a shield, bullets flying towards his head and his torso, successfully killing the man in his arms.

He aimed, and shot and only by him having the worst luck in the world, did his gun jam. He groaned and ducked, seeing that there were only three men left now.

He lunged for one, slamming his forehead against his as he snapped him back by his chest then. The man hit one of his colleagues and clumsily, they toppled over. Giovanni gripped the revolver behind his trousers then, but before he could get into position, he felt it.

He felt the bullet go through his lower abdomen, cutting his organs in half. He groaned, momentarily looking down. Then, the button in his head switched off.

Blinded with homicidal rage, Giovanni lunged for one of the men that charged at him, snapping his neck. He watched the life drain out of the man almost in slow motion and his chest swelled as he looked up at the man who shot him, his eyes wide and blinking with fear as he backed away.

Giovanni found this amusing. He smirked, taking a step closer to the man. He lunged for him and his fingers tightened behind his head and Giovanni snapped him down on his knee, hearing the sound of his nose breaking and his painfilled voice scream out.

In his homicidal blindness, Giovanni didn't realise that another man at risen and that he charged for him like a mad man.

But when he did, it was too late. Giovanni was plummeted to the floor and a fist connected with his cheekbone, earning the man ontop of him a groan from Giovanni. The man in his abdomen made him lightheaded and Giovanni knew he had to get this shit over and done with, or else he'd die right on his kitchen floor.

His eyes snapped open and he looked for something, his eyes landing on a stone salt and pepper grinder.

He reached up and the man landed a blow to his nose, making him momentarily dizzy before Giovanni came back to his senses. He grabbed the heavy stone and connected it with the man's temple, and instantly, the man fell limp next to him.

Giovanni layed there then, his ears slowly losing the anger and the thoughts came back to him and he sighed, tiredness taking over.

"Gio! Giovanni, wake up, you bastard!"

Giovanni grunted, "Fuck off," He muttered, squeezing his eyes tighter. Enzo groaned, and only then did Giovanni peer up at him. "Jesus, you look worse than I do," Giovanni grumbled. Enzo rolled his eyes, "I should've let you bled out  this fucking floor,"

"Yes, you should've,"

Enzo gripped his wrist, "Come on," He said, pulling his much larger and much heavier brother up. Giovanni I haled sharply through his teeth, the hole in his stomach burned with pain as he walked to his couch.

He slumped down on it, looping his fingers into the whole in his crew neck, ripping the fabric wider.

Enzo walked in with a red first aid kit, "You came prepared, I see," Giovanni said, motioning to the kit. Enzo shrugged, "I know how you get," Was all he said. Giovanni nodded, taking the rubbing alcohol as Enzo held it out to him. He nodded to Enzo, "Get me a drink, will you?" He asked.

His brother nodded, making his way towards the fridge, pulling a bottle of Irish Whiskey from it. Giovanni took it and nodded a thank you, opening it and taking three big gulps before he passed it to Enzo.

"So, explain,"

"Right. Well, someone let slip that we're transporting drugs to the US and somewhere on the way, someone stole our shit. The drug cartel in New York we were transporting to, ran by a James Dudley, then decided it would be fit to completely fuck us over. They took ninety percent of our cash and took fifteen barrels of coke, heroine and meth, just because he didn't get his ten percent of coke,"

"Took interest aswell, I see," Giovanni muttered out, his eyes clouding with tears as he held the cotton ball, drowned in rubbing alcohol to his wound.

"This Dudley fellow requested a meeting of urgency with us next week,"

"Tell him to go fuck himself," Giovanni laughed sarcastically, taking the tweezers from Enzo's extended hand. He inhaled deeply, took another gulp from the Whiskey before he dug into the hole, clenching his jaw tightly.

"Let me,"

Giovanni exhaled a shaky breath, holding the tweezers out to Enzo as his head fell back against the back of the couch.

Enzo tossed the tweezers aside, drowning his pointerfinger and thumb in alcohol before he held onto Giovanni's right hand, knowing whenever something hurts, his first instinct is to hit.

Giovanni's throaty groans and grunts echoed through his lofty apartment as Enzo dug into his brothers abdomen, in search for a silver bullet. Once he found it, Enzo stitched Giovanni up as they spoke about their upcoming business plans. All the while, Giovanni thought about the brunette girl, if she would think any differently from him if she knew the truth about him.