45. Jealous

"Dancing?" Arabella countered. Giovanni nodded, the wind whopping through his near black hair, "We could dance until our legs give out, or we could stay here and fuck with the windows open, tell the neighbours we're finally home,"

Her cheeks turned beet red, tilting away from his curious gaze on her, "Dancing, then that," She smiled, her chest aching with excitement. He smiled, "Wear that green dress, yeah?"

She nodded quickly, slipping past him as she walked back into the bedroom, Giovanni following behind her. She plopped down on the silk sheets, stuffing her face into them as she inhaled the clean smell, a ridiculous smile on her lips.

After they showered and Arabella did her makeup, Giovanni was stood behind her, buttoning up a black shirt with dark flowers on it, gold jewellery detailing his fingers and two chunky necklaces hung from his neck.

Arabella was still in her white towel, bending forward as she examined her sharp winged eyeliner in the bathroom mirror before she smiled, content with the result.

She turned, taking the towel from her figure as she hung it up behind the door, making her way to her suitcase, unaware of how Giovanni paused in adjusting his shirt to gawk at her. She picked out the dress, thankful that it didn't crumble in her suitcase before she slipped it on over her naked chest and lace covered bottom.

"I want to see you in that dress every day for the rest of my life," Giovanni mumbled, stuffing his hands in his black trousers, now merely watching her apply a few finishing touches to her makeup and curly hair.

She smiled, glancing up at him before she adjusted the strap on the pair of black high heels on her feet, now successfully an inch taller than before.

"You look nice," She complimented, making a blush spread across the man's cheeks. He smiled, looking away from the girl as he adjusted the vintage watch on his wrist, pushing the pack of cigarettes and small box of matches into his pocket, making his way out of the bedroom.

He waited for her at the bottom of the stairs, having already lit a cigarette, taking a few drags as he watched her walk down the stairs, the bottom of the dress loose and fluttering with every movement she made. She took hold of his hand, and as they made their way out of the door, Arabella was practically shaking from nervousness.

The two spoke as Giovanni drove them to a local bar, knowing almost the entire part of Sicily out of his head. The sun was just starting to set and even that looked different. Instead of orange, it was blood red and purple mixed and a few hues of blue and pink, creating shadows of colour of the ocean, making everyone it shined on to glow with the colours.

It was a busy night. Buses and cars and bikes, people in crowds and alone walked the streets, laughing loudly and smoking.

As Giovanni opened the door of his car for his girl, he held out his hand for her to take, gently tugging her out. The night air was warm on their skin, the stars already glimmering in the sky.

The bar was small, but the personality radiated off of it. It was called Sempre Sveglio, and it was true to its name. It stayed open until the last person left, no matter how late it was. Arabella trailed behind him as he nodded at the bouncer, cigarette hanging from his lips.
[Always Awake]

The music boomed off the walls and she parted her lips in surprise. It was jam packed, everyone was dancing and singing and probably drunk too. There was the DJ at the back of the room, dance floor in front of it. Then the bar was to the left and a long red booth lined the wall next to the door, a few tables to the right.