25. Baseball.

Arabella was stood in front of her dresser, brushing out her tangled hair after her shower.

Giovanni was sat on her bed, observing her from afar.

"How was your day?" He questioned then. The girl shrugged, "It was all right. Just ran into an issue but I sorted it out,"

Giovanni propped up, his brows pinched together in a frown. "What issue? Why didn't you call?" Arabella turned to him, smiling softly, "Because I had it sorted. You worry too much," She chided delicately.

Giovanni almost rolled his eyes, but instead he lifted two fingers and called her over. She set her brush down and made her way to the open bed next to him, pulling the covers over her frame as she nuzzled into his side.

"Tell me what happened or I'll go ask your sister,"

Arabella sighed into his shirt covered chest. "Oli, Fiona and I wanted to get a few snacks for the film. So we walk into the petrol station not too far from the theatre and then the owner starts making gross jokes,"

Giovanni's ears burned with anger. "Jokes such as?"

Licking her lips, Arabella tried remembering what the man said. "He said something about fucking me until I lose my attitude,"

Giovanni's lips tilted up into a sadistic, sociopathic smirk. He pressed a kiss against Arabella's forehead before he turned off the lamp next to the bed, pulling his girl flush against his chest, sheltering her from the world.

Arabella wasn't a very light sleeper so it came as no surprise that she didn't wake up when Giovanni slammed the bedroom door shut, anger still hot and red in his veins.

He left her a note, telling her he would be out for the day. And that she should get dressed in her favourite dress because he was taking her to dinner.

Giovanni was silently brooding over his cigarette and mug of coffee at the small coffee shop across from the petrol station. He watched it carefully, seeing a man finally taking his place behind the cash register.

Giovanni threw down fifty pounds and pushed open the coffee shop door, pushing on a pair of black raybans as he made his way over to his Mercedes AMG.

He opened the trunk, the shiny, sparkling metal bat smiling up at him. He enclosed his hand around the base and pulled it out, completely ignoring the confused stares he received from pedestrians.

Giovanni slugged it onto his shoulder before flipping it around a few times, getting his hand used to the weapon.

Much like the bat, Giovanni was a weapon. He knew he could take the man with only his fists, but he wanted to take the words he spewed at Arabella and use his bat to hit it back into his black heart.

Opening the door to the shop, the man thankfully didn't look up. Giovanni hid the bat behind the counter, taking off his sunglasses for a moment.

"Are you the owner?"

The fat, sweating man with a toothpick in his mouth and a dirty wife-beater nodded. Giovanni smirked, taking the bat from its place and lazily walking around the counter, ignoring the protests and questions that flew from the man.

In one swing, the man snapped to the floor. He screamed and Giovanni was thankful it was merely ten past six in the morning, if not, there would certainly be witnesses that needed to be disposed of.

Holding the bat over his shoulder, Giovanni connected it with the man a last time before he crouched next to the bloody, crying man.

"Do you remember the three girls that came into your store yesterday?"