41. Plans

"Say that again,"

Arabella huffed out a laugh, shaking her head. Giovanni grinned, taking the back of her neck in one strong hand, pulling her closer.

"Say it again, baby. I like the way it sounds coming from you,"

Arabella inhaled deeply, swallowing before she spoke: "I love you," She whispered. Giovanni's smile widened and he kissed her again. His lips moved from hers to her slender neck, kissing and gently biting on the skin, making his girl whimper softly. She gripped onto his hair strands then, gently pulling his head back so he could face her. His grey eyes were rough as the ocean now, drooping slightly with lust.

"We can't until you're healed completely,"

Giovanni's brows raised, "Since when did you start ordering me around, my darling?"

She shrugged, "I don't want you getting yourself in the hospital again, so no sex. Oh, and now working out for a while, okay?"

Giovanni smirked leaning back. "Yes ma'am, understood," Arabella smiled, nodding curtly. Giovanni pulled the cigarette pack from his pocket, taking the white stick out and putting it between his lips, all the while keeping his eyes on the girl.

He lit it, inhaling a puff of smoke and blew it towards the window, his arm resting on the chair. Arabella's heart was going rampid in her chest at the direct eye contact Giovanni was giving her. She almost felt awkward under his stare, she felt vulnerable and small.

"What have you been doing whilst I was under?" He asked, smoke bubbling from his Jose and mouth as he spoke. Arabella shrugged, "Working mostly,"

He nodded then, deciding not to ask her if she was lying. But Arabella didn't have to decide or even think about if she should as her question or not.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, anything,"

She cleared her throat softly, looking away from his eyes. "Catherine told me something at the party," She started, "And I don't know whether it's true or not, but-but if it is, I—"

"Ask your question, Arabella,"

She sighed, straightening her back. "Is it true that you can't have kids?" She whispered, cautiously, delicately.

Giovanni grew stiff under her. His cigarette hung between his fingers and he blew out a puff of smoke, his lips being the only thing moving. He cleared his throat, flicking the butt of the cigarette through the window.

"If it were, would that be a problem?"

She shook her head, "No, I've always wanted to adopt a baby and if it is true, then it works out, doesn't it?"

He smiled. But it was a sad smile. He nodded, swallowing as he looked away. "So, is it true?" She whispered, trying to find his eyes.

"Yes, Arabella. I can't have children," Arabella nodded slowly, feelings his sadness through the way he said it. She took his hands, making him look at her. "Does that change things now?"

"No, Giovanni. It changes nothing," She said firmly, sending him a short nod as if she was putting a period behind it. He exhaled, the muscles on his thighs relaxing under her. She smiled, pressing a kiss to the top of his hand.

He raised his brow then,"You want to adopt kids with me?" He asked teasingly. She shifted, awkwardly shrugging, "I—No, maybe that wasn't the right words to use,"

His heart fluttered in his chest at her shyness, he cupped her cheek, brushing his thumb across her cheek, "Those were the perfect words to use, doll." Arabella smiled, and Giovanni shot her one back before he brought her hand to his lips, burning her skin with soft kisses.

"I read your letter," He said, rubbing her palm softly. She looked up at him warily, but he added quickly, "What if we went somewhere? For a while? So you wouldn't have to worry about me as much, and so I could get the city smoke out of my lungs?"

Arabella frowned, "You want to go on holiday? I didn't know gang leaders could do that," She said, smiling at him as he rolled his eyes. "We can do whatever we want, my love. Go anywhere, see everything,"

"I can't, I have work,"

"Tell them you're going on holiday," He said nonchalantly. Arabella huffed out, annoyed by the man before her, "I can't just go on holiday a month after school began, they'll fire me,"

Giovanni laughed, "Darling, you're fucking your boss', boss' boss. If he wants to fire you it has to go through me first. Besides, if they do decide to fire you, I'll build you your own school,"

Now it was Arabella's turn to laugh. She shook her head, "Its not as easy as that, Gio—"

"Arabella, stop fighting me," He said. She clamped her mouth shut then, her eyes snapping to hers. He smirked, "Good girl," He praised firmly, causing the girls cheeks to turn bright red. She avoided his eyes, looking out of the window in hopes he would comment on her blush.

"Where would we even go?" She questioned, her brow lifted at her lover. He shrugged, "Wherever you want, doll."

"Are you... allowed in Italy?"

Giovanni smiled, rolling his tongue along his inner cheek to rid himself of a smile. He nodded, "I have no business with the Italians anymore. You want to go to Italy?"

She nodded quickly, "I've always wanted to go, it looks so pretty there,"

Giovanni nodded, "It's especially pretty this time of year. We'll go to Italy first and then to the States,"

Arabella frowned, "The States? Why there?" She shot quickly, her eyes narrowed at Giovanni. His lips curled into a teasing smirk and he shrugged.

"I've got some business to deal with there,"

Arabella rolled her eyes, pressing herself up from his lap. Giovanni laughed loudly and grabbed onto her waist, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" He laughed, pulling her back, "Well, no I'm not. But it won't take long!"

"Giovanni, you're going to get hurt again and next time you won't wake up, because I'm going to suffocate you with a pillow,"