26. Warnings.

The drive to the restaurant was silent. They both focused on the road, basking in each others presense and silence.

Giovanni towered over everyone and he bended his neck slightly as he walked through the door held open by one of the employees.

Arabella had heard about this restaurant, but she never eaten here because it was far too harsh on her substitute teacher salary. Giovanni held her hand tightly, making his way through the tables to a more secluded one.

The tiles were a dark red, and so we're the curtains and walls. The warm, orange light above and on each table warmed up the room. It was nearly jam packed and Arabella saw Giovanni smile widely as he scanned the room.

He dropped her hand, eyes finding hers as he gripped the back of the gold metal chair, pulling it out from the table. She smiled, bending her knees as pulling herself in to a comfortable distance from the table.

The tablecloth was red too, and when Giovanni took his seat across from her, only then did she notice how the man was simply glowing under the warm fluorescent lights.

A waiter approached the table then, "Hello, Mr Armani. What can I get you started with?"

Giovanni straightened his back, looking up at the man. "Château Lafite, the bottle,"

Arabella frowned at Giovanni when they were left alone. Then, she widened er eyes as it clicked in her head. "My god, is this your restaurant?"

Giovanni smirked, huffing out a chuckle, "One of them, yes. What do you think?"

Arabella shook her head, smiling widely at him. "You only brought me here to rub your business in my face, didn't you?" The man shrugged his broad shoulders, "Not directly. I wanted to take you somewhere nice, and my restaurant is one of the nicest,"

She rolled her eyes, parting her lips to say something but Giovanni interrupted her curtly:

"Everytime you roll your pretty eyes I have the urge to make you regret doing so,"

Butterflies awakened in her stomach and chest. She swallowed hard, her throat suddenly becoming dry at the look he gave her.

"And how would you do that?" She whispered. Giovanni raised his brow, "Curiosity killed the cat, my love. You'll find out eventually,"

The waiter returned with the bottle of wine and two menus in his hands. He placed one in front of Giovanni and then in front of Arabella. Giovanni thanked him, his eyes focusing on the girl as she watched the waiter piour the wine into her glass, shooting him a friendly thank you.

He left them again, and then Giovanni watched as she slowly opened the menu, only then taking her eyes from him.

"What's good here?"

"Everything,"

Arabella tsked, rolling her eyes. Then, she looked up at him, seeing him slowly raise his brows, "I warn you, doll, roll your eyes at me again and I'll make sure that's the only thing you're capable of doing tonight,"

She raised her brow, egging him on. Her eyes were detailed in a sharp, smoked out wing and her eyelashes were held by mascara, making her eyes that much more intoxicating.

"Your threats are futile if you cannot act upon them, Giovanni,"

He smirked, leaning back in his chair. "Your teasing is futile when I can clearly see how wet you're getting just by my voice,"