21. Parents.

Arabella's legs were crossed on the leather seat, her laptop on her lap. She was typing out an email to the Principal of Primrose High, telling him she needed to take immediate leave—using her family as an excuse.

Giovanni merely watched her as he sat across the room. They were still in her apartment, Arabella had finished packing a while ago, and she was typing so quick that the sounds of her nails pressing in the keys bluured past his ears.

The would look up at him every now and then, his patience being incredibly appreciated. His left leg was folded over the other, his elbow pressing against the armrest as he rested his chin on a folded fist, silver rings digging into his tan, slightly hairy jaw.

"Your patience is admirable," She said, not looking up.

"Your ability to remain flawless whilst doing nothing too,"

She looked up, making Giovanni raise his brows in question. She closed the laptop and stood, nodding at him as a way of telling him she was done. He stood, putting his hands behind his back as he followed behind her, holding the door open for her as she walked through it.

"I have some business to deal with in London, so you'll tell me if you need anything, yes?"

She looked at him as he took her suitcase and extended the bar, pulling it behind him. She nodded then, stuffing her hands in her pockets.

Giovanni closed the car door behind Arabella before he stuffed her bag in the back, making his away around the car.

When Giovanni got into the car, Arabella's mouth moved on its own accord, her brain spitting out words: "Will you stay with me?"

Giovanni raised his brow as he started the car, pulling onto the road. "Do you need me to stawy with you?" He questioned, keeping his eyes on the road. Arabella merely nodded, her attention being caught by the way the man was sitting.

Legs spread, right hand on the wheel, left hand resting in his lap. His fingers were rolling a dainty silver ring and she couldn't help as her mind filled with memories of how his hands touched her skin, closed around her throat, how tan his hands were against her pale, milky thighs.

"Arabella?"

Her eyes shot towards his, only then realising she was staring. She cleared her throat, momentarily putting her cold hands on her cheeks, trying to cool the rising blush down.

"What were you thinking about, doll?" He urged, momentarily looking at her.

She shook her head, leaning back against the black leather seat, crossing her leg over the other. "Nothing you need to worry about," She said, forcing an embarrassed smile at the man.

Giovanni smiled knowingly, being able to tell by her body language just what she was thinking of. Arabella kept her eyes in front of her, trying her best not to look at Giovanni.

They left the city after a while, making their way to London. It was a two hour drive from Birmingham and Arabella was already annoyed. She hated sitting in a car for more than ten minutes and the many times she drove to her parents' house by bus or train had her exhausted the second she got there.

The car was silent but not awkward, thankfully. "You still haven't given me an answer, love." Giovanni quipped, adjusting in his seat.

"Answer to what, Mr Armani?"

"Do you need me to stay or do you want me to?"

She shrugged gently, "Both," She confessed. Giovanni merely nodded, rolling his window doen as he put a cigarette between his lips. It was when he held the matte black electric lighter out to Arabella that she frowned hard.