22. Curious questions*

Giovanni's heart was surely going to rip through his ribs and run down the street.

They were stood in front of Arabella's home, her suitcase standing next to her. It was the fact that they were here unannounced, the fact that they didn't call beforehand that got Giovanni filled to the brim with anxiety.

"Just a few tips, my mother is very intrusive and curious and she'll ask you inappropriate questions at times, so you—"

"Arabella, relax. It'll be fine,"

He said it more to himself than to her. She gave a curt nod and inhaled deeply, lifting her hand to the burgundy coloured door. The house was in the more rich part of London and Giovanni felt slightly intimidated, but he pushed it away as soon as the feeling came to him.

The outside of the house was a crisp, white and the door was red, flowers and trees circling around the house.

Arabella was muttering colourful swear words, her anxiety clear on her face. It was when Giovanni's phone went off in his pocket that he stepped away from the door, out of view.

The door swung open, and Arabella's father gasped audibly, "Bella! My god, what are you doing here?" He exclaimed, not wasting a moment in pulling her into a bone crushing hug.

"Hi, dad," She laughed, pressing a kiss to his cheek. He pulled her into the house, questions spilling from his lips.

"Kristen!" He called, looking around the house. Arabella put her suitcase against the door, wiping her clammy hands on her shorts, nerves bubbling in her stomach at her mother's face.

She came down the stairs then, brows pulled in a concerned frown at her husbands abrupted yelling. When she saw Arabella, the woman gleamed, dashing towards her.

"Hello, you! What are you doing here? I thought you'd be coming down next month!" She said loudly, kissing her daughters cheek.

"I—um, I just wanted to see you two," Arabella said nervously. Her mother smiled, looking past her, "Where's Marcus?"

Just then, Giovanni appeared in the doorway. Her mothers face fell instantly and she widened her eyes at the man. The woman's eyes immediately snapped to the tattoos on his neck, then to those on his hands.

Sean frowned at Arabella before he cautiously extended his hand, "Sean Jones," He said, straightening his back.

Giovanni smiled, "Giovanni Armani, pleased to meet you, Mr Jones,"

"Arabella? Who's this?" Her mother whispered, brown eyes never leaving the ginormous man. Arabella cleared her throat, "This—uh, this is Giovanni, mama. He's a friend,"

"Does—does Marcus know?"

Arabella swallowed hard, tears already burning behind her eyes, "M-Marcus and I broke up," She said, looking away from her mothers face.

The woman turned her back towards Giovanni, shielding her daughter from him. "And you picked this behemoth of a man? He-he has tattoos!" She whispered, eyes wide and filled with anger.

"Mama, his tattoos don't determine anything," Arabella argued, "He's nice, atleast introduce yourself," She said, her eyes hardening at her mother. The woman sighed, turning back to Giovanni.

"Kristen Jones," She said, extending her hand, "Giovanni, pleased to meet you," Giovanni smiled again, shaking her hand gently. Her mother smiled, tight-lipped and clenched teeth.

"Well—" The greying man said, clasping his hands together, "Will you be staying with us, Giovanni?"

Giovanni parted his lips to speak, but Arabella interjected quickly, "Yes, he will." She stated strongly. Her father smiled, nodding. "We actually have a present for you, Arabella. They arrived today and we're planning to—"