Beginnings.

"Come on, it'll be fun!"

Arabella groaned, rolling onto her front so she could peer up at her best friend. "You know I don't do clubs!" She shook her head, making Cleo roll her eyes and scurry over to her.

"We'll stay for an hour and then we'll come back and do whatever you want,"

It didn't sound too bad to Arabella at first, but she thought about it more before she shook her head again. She wasn't big on parties of any kind and Cleo knew that, and when she came over to Arabella's apartment at four o'clock sharp, Arabella knew what was going to happen.

"Please," The girl begged, hopping on the bed, trying to persuade her further. And Arabella then sighed dramatically, her lips tugging into a smile. Cleo squealed then, pressing a fat kiss against the girls cheek before she shot up, running to the closet.

Arabella watched as her bestfriend of fifteen years threw out her closet in search for something she could wear. Cleo turned, holding one of Arabella's favourite dresses to her chest.

"I've never seen you wear this,"

"I was saving it,"

"For what?" The girl laughed, making Arabella roll her eyes. Cleo's hands trailed over the sil fabric before she threw it at Arabella's face, her vision going black.

"You're wearing that,"

"What are you wearing?"

"This!" She gleamed, pulling a cherry red dress from her big handbag. She held it to her, and Arabella nodded, "God, that's beautiful!" She gushed. Cleo smirked, "Go get dressed so I can do your makeup,"

Openingh her mouth to protest, Cleo stopped her quickly, "No arguing,"

Arabella tsked and grabbed the dress, making her way to her bathroom. Arabella loved a lot of things such as her two cats, Cleo and her boyfriend, Marcus. But the thing she probably loved most was her apartment.

The entire place was painted a light shade of blue and she had lavender carpets and white sofas. Her kitchen was white too with dark blue accents, matching the bathroom.

It was day three of the holiday for her and the three classes of children she taught every week. And Cleo had tried multiple times to get her to go out with her and her girlfriend, Joy, but Arabella used her boyfriend as an excuse almost everytime.

She stripped out of her clothes and turned the shower on, pulling her hair brown the braids they were in as she waited for the water to heat up.

Arabella was already getting a bad feeling about tonight and she hadn't even gotten dressed yet. Nevertheless, the girl stepped into the shower and put her head under the faucet, allowing the hot water to run through her strands. She scrubbed her body clean and washed her hair, humming to herself as she dried off.

She slipped on the light blue silk dress, looking at herself in the mirror as she brushed her teeth, all the while sending her boyfriend a message, telling him that she was going out and that he didn't have to wait up for her.

They started dating when she just turned eighteen, and it'llbe three wonderful years with him in a month. He was perfect for her, and her parents loved him. But Cleo had been sceptical of him ever since she met him and it didn't seem to go away in the last three years.

Arabella closed the bathroom door behind her and walked to the bedroom, hearing Cleo mutter something incoherent. Just as she stepped in, Cleo threw her phone on her bed.

"Everything okay?"

Cleo sighed, "Yeah. I asked Joy if they wanted to join us and they said they couldn't and gave some shitty excuse,"